[Pro] SecondSight Template

I am working on a new web sight using the secondsight template. It comes stock with a slide with three images that flow in the slide function. Of course I wanted to have my own images flow in the slider so I inserted a photo in the folder that the original slide image resides. Just to try it and to see how the new image would look, I renamed one of the original images while in the folder to another name and renamed the image I wanted to try out as the original image name. Of course it didn’t work. When I tried it out the old image was still in the slide. I am so new to FP. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Many Thanks
David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Never used any template, but my guess is, that the slideshow is created either by action (background super sizer) or Exhibeo. It would make me wonder if SP is introducing paranormal code dependency. Get used to the internal tools and basic construction.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is there anybody out there that used this template and changed the .jpg images in the slide? If so can you share how you did that?
Many Thanks
David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I dont have the Template but I can see that it uses the Sequence Timer action to display the different images.

If you have the Left hand sidebar open and showing the Items on your page - Select Show Items from the Gear icon at the bottom of the sidebar.

Now look for the items Image1, Image2 and Image3 - these contain your slideshow images.

Select one of the Divs ie Image1 and look in the Inspector under the 2nd Tab - is there an entry in the Background Image Dropdown?

If so that is the image you want to change.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Check the ‘Read me’ file when you open the template.

The large images on the home page slideshow are background images applied to the items called InitialImage1, Image1, Image2, and Image3. InitialImage1 and Image1 must be the same, so if you change one, make sure to update the other. To change the images:
Select the item Image1 by clicking on it or from the Site Panel. To quickly show the items in the Site Panel, click the word Site at the top of it. Click it again to go back to the site overview.
Go to the Item Appearance Settings pane of the Inspector palette
Open the Image popup in the Background section to choose a new image
Repeat for the other images
Note that the item has CSS style applied to it to make the image fill the flexible item. This means you shouldn’t need to make the image High Resolution, just make sure it’s more than twice the dimensions of the HTML item at its largest (so roughly 2000px by 1000px). Also note that the image will look better if it’s the same aspect ratio as the item.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The FW supplied images have dimensions of 1800 x 1200px but it is important to keep the file sizes down.

So aim for a file size around 100/120K to avoid slow page load.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you guys for the great information. I did get the three images changed and it works well.

Can I impose one more question to this group? There are three images that are with the initial template but it doesn’t work correctly if I duplicate one of the images and add a fourth image to the slide. Do you have any thoughts how I might add the fourth image?

Many Thanks
David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In the Target Show/Hide actions box give your additional image a target number of 4, then it should be OK. I think.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden