[Pro] Send Contact Info to my customer

Working on my first project in Freeway Pro 7.1, I purchased the ‘Floral’ template hoping to use the Contact form and the Commerce functionality. After reading up on the Commerce stuff, I decided on Plan B: just have the reader contact my customer (a Mediation Consultant) to make an appointment with their credit card info via a call-back by phone. I had trouble grokking the Floral template, so I started a new Freeway document from scratch–learned how to place graphics, got the CSS menu navigation working, OK! Thought I could ‘borrow’ the Contact form from the Floral template by copying and pasting into my nascent site. While it takes the typing in of personal info, I’m stuck there. Can’t find where to input my customer’s e-mail address, and link to the ‘Success!’ and ‘Error!’ pages I constructed. I’m a poet, not a coder, so this is somewhat above my pay grade… Can anyone get me back on track to complete this (perhaps) one-off project? Thanks, Rich Z

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You need to apply the SendForm action to either the Page or the Form container.

In the action interface you get the options for email address, success, error pages etc.

David

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

David- Thanks for the quick response. Sounds simple ;- )
I think I poked around the Action area–didn’t know what I was looking at, I guess… I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks again–I MAY be bach! RZ

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

I MAY be bach!

Or Mozart?

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

At the risk of looking (or worse: being) stupid in public, I went to the Edit page and found Add Action and selected Send Form; no options appeared. I looked in the Page menu > Page Actions > Send form, with similar results. Their are two tiny ‘Send form’ labels, one at the page top as well as one on the selected container. Is this all because I copied the container from the Floral Template? Feeling Stuck & Stupid, Richard

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

1 - With nothing selected on the FW page open the Actions Inspector Window and see if the action has been set at a page level.

If it has then apply your settings in that window.

2 - With the form container selected open the actions Inspector Window and click on the X in the Tab to the left of the action name (Send Form) to remove the action from the container.

You should only have 1 instance of the Send Form action per Page but it can be applied to either the Page or the Form Container - just not both.

Once you have go this far then re-upload and try again.

D

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

David - I don’t see my earlier thank you (the Schwarzenner not Bach reply), but thanks again!

I got to the dialog box for the email address, Success and Error page set-up, and made sure that the Action was set to Page, not both the Page and Container as I originally had. As actions can’t be seen (I surmise) until you upload to a site (they chose GoDaddy) I wasn’t too concerned to see an Error message when Previewing my pages or just before viewing on the Safari browser: “RESOURCE CANNOT BE FOUND. The following resources cannot be found and will not be published.” But there is no listing beneath that, so again I supposed that had to do with the unpublished Action (Send form to collect customer info for a call-back). I get this Error message again when I tried to Publish the site from within Freeway . . .

To compound my frustration, GoDaddy says use FileZilla for the FTP upload. However, my ESET Security software warns me that the FileZilla site is on their restricted list “due to unwanted content.” I don’t know if that means a deadly virus, or just spurious commercial offers that I have to wade through.

I can see this Web stuff is not for the faint of heart–Old Dog, New Tricks! I’m really quite capable at Adobe CS, but you’d never know it in this quagmire I’m in–I guess that’s ‘bog’ in Scotland… Any help most appreciated! Regards, Rich Z

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

I wasn’t too concerned to see an Error message when Previewing my pages or just before viewing on the Safari browser: “RESOURCE CANNOT BE FOUND. The following resources cannot be found and will not be published.

Go into the Main FW Menu Edit>Resources

You will get a list of all files/images etc. used in your FW document. Check the Status column for each one.

Any file that has a Status of Missing you want to hilight the file name and click on the Edit button (bottom right) - this will bring up a further dialogue box where you can use the Locate button to find (via the Finder) your missing Resource.

This is nothing to do with the action - this is more likely because you have moved or deleted a file that you used in the FW doc.

To compound my frustration, GoDaddy says use FileZilla for the FTP upload

Nonsense - there is no reason why you cannot use FW to upload to your GoDaddy hosting.

D

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

David - Nonsense, indeed . . . My customer purchased a two-year plan on GoDaddy (the most-advertised web hosting site here in the U.S.) so we’re locked into that. Reading the Softpress FW notes, it is acknowledged that GoDaddy and Freeway are problematic. Several work-arounds are mentioned, all to no avail. My ESET Security package warns me that FileZilla and Cyberduck are a threat to my Mac, so once again I’m at an impasse to get beyond Upload–an Error 530 message claims the User or Password is incorrect, and GoDaddy Support can’t view that info, but we’ve carefully typed the known User and PW to no avail. I guess the question is: Do I install Cyberduck (supposedly the FTP client of choice for Mac) and ignore my Security software? I know your answer carries no guarantees, but could both these leading FTP apps be corrupted, or is my ESET Security package being overly-cautious? This is my work computer, so the consequences are high . . . . Thanks, Rich Z

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

it is acknowledged that GoDaddy and Freeway are problematic.

In the past GD has been known to have issues with the vanilla .php file that is written with the PHP Feedback form and Send Form actions however things have improved at GD in recent times and its worth having a go.

Have you actually tried using FW’s built in upload facility - using the same settings as they suggest for Cyberduck etc.?

D

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

David - Thanks again for your reply and insight. I finally got it sorted with the help of GoDaddy Support. I didn’t use FileZilla or Cyberduck. I’m still gun shy about my ESET CyberSecurity warnings. I DID use the built in FTP Upload function, although the Secret Settings I never would have guessed at, even the password was not the one that we got when we set up the User name ( ! ). Where Softpress said to leave entries blank, GoDadddy had us fill in Server with the IP address; Directory with “public_html” ; the User name and password were both other passwords we entered in the so-called CPanel on GoDaddy; the Web Address WAS required; and the FTP mode was not the default, but ‘Passive.’ There’s no way a mere mortal could have done this without Defcon 1 Handholding. So thanks again for your generosity and knowledge! Kind regards, Rich Z

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden

So does it work?

D

tutorials mailing list
email@hidden