[Pro] Send Form Action

Hello

A client is wanting the recipient’s email address on the completed Send Form to be a clickable link. How can I do this? Or does it depend on the email software being used?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It would depend on the e-mail software in use. Apple Mail does make it a clickable link, regardless of the rest of the message’s formatting, through its use of the Data Detectors interface in Mac OS. (It also recognizes UPS/FedEx/DHL/USPS tracking numbers, most addresses, phone numbers, etc.) Other mail clients may either take advantage of system-level frameworks like this, or roll their own. I am pretty sure this is not restricted to Mail.app.

If you wanted to make this a link everywhere, guaranteed, you would need to hack the generated form handler PHP to build the mail in HTML format (I believe it just does plain text, for maximum deliverability), and then recognize the e-mail addresses and add the link structure to them in PHP. Not impossible, but a whole lot of work.

Walter

On Jun 12, 2018, at 2:53 PM, gavtro email@hidden wrote:

Hello

A client is wanting the recipient’s email address on the completed Send Form to be a clickable link. How can I do this? Or does it depend on the email software being used?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Walter.

I think your assessment ‘not impossible, but a whole lot of work’, will be enough to make my client kick the project into the long grass for the foreseeable future!

:slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden