[Pro] Site suddenly will not publish

Hi
I am have been using Freeway Pro for two websites of a long time without problem. However, today one of my sites will not upload, preview or publish. When selecting upload for example, I get the dialog box, which is properly completed, but when I click OK - nothing. Just nothing. Same with publish and preview.
I have tried discarding recent changes, rebooting (Freeway and my computer) and nothing works.
The other site is fine. Really weird. Any suggestions please?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi again

Sorry to have to post again, but am desperate for help with this. I really need to update my site, but cannot public, preview in browser, or upload. This came totally out of the blue. I have been running this site OK since March, and my other site is just fine. Any ideas please? Or any suggestions for where I can get help?

cheers
Graham

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Go into File > Document Setup and choose/create a new Site Folder to publish your files into (you could create this folder in the finder first if you wanted)

You will find the Select Button under the Document Tab about half way down the dialogue box.

Once you have created and chosen your new site folder see of you can Preview/Publish.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the advice David (sorry for delay in acknowledging, but have been away over the weekend). However, I have done this and it still does not work. It goes through the process of building the site in the new folder, but then - nothing.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you visit the site folder directly from your Browser ie in Safari’s Main Menu File>Open File and navigate to the index.html page can you Preview then?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ah, maybe this is the problem. It does not seem to be generating the index page - even though it is set for that (and has been doing OK previously. In fact, my site folder looks different then of my other sites, and it has no HTML files in it at all. Does this mean that the build is not working properly for some reason?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

it has no HTML files in it at all. Does this mean that the build is not working properly for some reason?

Certainly sounds like it. But your other site is OK?

Have you tried opening the FW Backup of the file?

If you hold down the Option key while selecting File>Open it will change to File>Open Backup you should be able to find the yoursite.fwbackup file.

Try that file and see what you get.

It may well be a couple of revisions out of date but might get you back on track.

If you can open it then do a Save As into a new folder and set a new site Folder for it to publish into.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Dave

Thanks again for your help. Actually, I think I have found the problem (through trial and error and a bit of luck). I found a simple graphic in one of my master pages that seemed to be upsetting things. I have removed this and now it is previewing OK. I seem to have some other problems with the uploaded version still, but I am sorting these out. Hopefully I won’t have to re-post on this.
Cheers

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden