[Pro] smoothscroll, sticker and rollovers not working

Hello,

I am working on this site.
I have the rollovers setup on the item images and the anchor and smoothscroll setup on the page for the sticker on the Got To Top.

All works as it should when previewed in Freeway and also when previewed in two of the browsers I usually check things in.

Once loaded up to the text directory then neither the rollovers, sticker or smoothscroll work.

I am sure that they did at one point but then I may have mistakenly been viewing the preview in the browser rather than the actual files.

Has anyone any insight into why these actions are not now functioning? I have done a bit of tweaking, deleting, reading etc to try to get to the root of the issue but to no avail which is why I am turning to the great collective brain there is in these forums.

Any constructive support would be much appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Just as an addendum to this I tried the link in chrome and there was a warning and an option to load ‘unsafe scripts’. Once loaded then everything worked fine.
So are these scripts deemed as unsafe and if so is there a way round this issue?

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You need to add the HTTPS Helper action to each page that uses these actions. The issue is that these Actions (now old enough to drink in some European countries) did not envision a world where all sites are served under HTTPS. So they don’t request their external scripts via HTTPS protocols.

The HTTPS Helper Action will clear this up for you.

Walter

On Jun 14, 2020, at 1:32 PM, tonzodehoo email@hidden wrote:

Just as an addendum to this I tried the link in chrome and there was a warning and an option to load ‘unsafe scripts’. Once loaded then everything worked fine.
So are these scripts deemed as unsafe and if so is there a way round this issue?

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Once more I have to say an enormous thank you to you for your input.
Concise and effective!

Thats the problem sorted.

I like the idea of drunk actions though! Imagine how messy our websites would be!

Is there some way I can show my appreciation for your support?

Thank you.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

At some point, you will need someone to build a complex commerce application or other nasty bit of Web programming. I am available. I am expensive, but very very good.

Walter

On Jun 14, 2020, at 1:55 PM, tonzodehoo email@hidden wrote:

Is there some way I can show my appreciation for your support?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walter.

If I could afford you I would! There can be no doubt as to your prowess in such matters. I am sure that the wonderful world of the web is replete with many examples of your work. It would be of interest to have a look at a couple of examples so that I can get a fuller appreciation of your end product.

Yours ever gratefully…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden