[Pro] Soft Shadow is cut off

Hi everyone
I’ve just brought a Freeway 5.5 file over to my new(ish) iMac running Freeway 7. I’ve managed to make various adjustments (Carousel2 - many thanks Walter!) etc.
There’s just one thing bugging me:
I have a logo with a soft shadow. Under 5.5 there was no problem, but now, with 7 the soft shadow is mostly cut off - in other words anything beyond the graphic box bounderies that contain the logo.
I’d upload a screen grab if I knew how to!
Andy ideas please?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

When you click on your graphic have a look in the inspector palette at the assigned dimensions. The middle row should show the width and height of the graphic. Click on the symbol before the box height and then preview your page to see if this has fixed it. If not try clicking the box again. I seem to remember having to do something similar when I upgraded but I think I was advised to go via version 6 to make the transition a little less painful.

All the best

Gordon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Try clicking once on an affected image, and choosing Shift-Command-D (Item / Fit Box to Content). That may clear this up for you too.

Walter

On Oct 7, 2018, at 12:54 PM, Gordon Low email@hidden wrote:

When you click on your graphic have a look in the inspector palette at the assigned dimensions. The middle row should show the width and height of the graphic. Click on the symbol before the box height and then preview your page to see if this has fixed it. If not try clicking the box again. I seem to remember having to do something similar when I upgraded but I think I was advised to go via version 6 to make the transition a little less painful.

All the best

Gordon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter & Gordon

Thanks for replying but neither solution works unfortunately.
The only solution seems to be item/graphic/scale down; but this of course simply makes the logo and its shadow small enough to fit within the box. It works but it’s not ideal given the balance of size worked well with the rest of the design.

Gordon, I’m not sure of your “Click on the symbol before the box height” suggestion. Did you mean the - H: or am I misunderstanding completely?

In 5.5 although the shadow is outside the box it still reproduces once published. In 7 it gets cut off … Looks as if I’ll have to accept a smaller logo if I cannot increase the box size within the overall design.

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Gordon

I re-looked - I think you mean the ‘Position’ pane with the size indicated therein - the little rectangle with the up & down arrows?

I clicked on that, but again no difference …

Andy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

OK, so I tried simply increasing the dimensions of the square graphic box from its original of 250px up to 260px. There was always a ‘dotted’ line around the original 250px box indicating where the soft shadow came to. With the box now set at 260px both the logo and its shadow are now within the box; same size logo, same position - when published it looks just as it always did!

So that’s the difference between 5.5 and 7 …

Still confused,

Andy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden