[Pro] Softpress website logo

Hi,
How do you keep the softpress logo the same size on all devices?
I’ve tried as you can see in my example (I only started playing with the responsive stuff earlier today)
When i look in the browser it stays the same size when I narrow the browser window width, but on my iphone the size of the logo changes when I switch to landscape mode it gets bigger…
I know it must be something really simple but I just can’t understand it…
Any advice would be very welcome…
Oh the sample is on a free hosting site so i’m sorry about the pop up ad when it first loads…

Thanks Col

http://www.ldn.webatu.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Does this pop-up making you a rich man? If so I consider having one as well. If not - remove it - at least during the development of your page.

Back to your problem:

I suppose it’s because of using items (logo) with fixed widths bigger than devices width. Change 'em to something max-/flexible or even no width at all.

Very general spoken, adding items by drop&drag (we call this absolute) is fine however not very efficient and lot of work “re-arranging” them for each breakpoint. Consider inflow-construction (I call it theGrid but it is as well known as InlineModel or Box-in Box-model).

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Turning on Initial Scale and leaving it at the default of 100% will do this. Make the change on your master pages and then just run through each of your pages to make sure it got set there too (your pages may be disconnected from the master).

Hope this helps!
Joe

On 28 Aug 2015, at 06:28, colin hart email@hidden wrote:

Hi,
How do you keep the softpress logo the same size on all devices?
I’ve tried as you can see in my example (I only started playing with the responsive stuff earlier today)
When i look in the browser it stays the same size when I narrow the browser window width, but on my iphone the size of the logo changes when I switch to landscape mode it gets bigger…
I know it must be something really simple but I just can’t understand it…
Any advice would be very welcome…
Oh the sample is on a free hosting site so i’m sorry about the pop up ad when it first loads…

Thanks Col

http://www.ldn.webatu.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Sorry - it might help to know where that setting is! Open the Inspector with the page selected and look in the Mobile setting section in the Output tab.

Without setting that option the device runs some calculations when its orientation changes. If it thinks the page needs to be scaled up to make it more readable then it scales everything. Helpful…

Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Joe,
Your a superstar that worked!!!
And thank you thomas and no it doesn’t make me a rich man…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden