[Pro] STUPID PERMISSION ERRROR ON SAVE!

As you can see, this has been getting more and more annoying over the past few weeks. Every time I update a site and try and save it, I get a ‘can’t be saved because you do not have permission’ error. I can publish it no problems. I know other people have encountered this bug too - it’s exclusive to Freeway, no other apps are having the problem. I have to restore from the backup every time and resave it as something else. I’ve checked the premissions of the folder and they’re fine, but the Freeway file has ‘unknown permissions’ that I can’t alter. Please help me it’s driving me insane.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Did you put a ticket in to softpress?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2011, at 5:53 AM, spark email@hidden wrote:

As you can see, this has been getting more and more annoying over the past few weeks. Every time I update a site and try and save it, I get a ‘can’t be saved because you do not have permission’ error. I can publish it no problems. I know other people have encountered this bug too - it’s exclusive to Freeway, no other apps are having the problem. I have to restore from the backup every time and resave it as something else. I’ve checked the premissions of the folder and they’re fine, but the Freeway file has ‘unknown permissions’ that I can’t alter. Please help me it’s driving me insane.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Have now.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I had the same problem. Solved it by deleting all .plist-files for Softpress or Freeway.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve tried that, and so far it’s working. That’s brilliant thanks so much!

Softpress suggested it was a Lion issue - that upgrading to Lion had moved some permissions round. I’d pretty much tried every permissions based solution and nothing had worked so I was fairly doubtful they were right. I’ll feedback this solution to them. Seems like it was a corrupted preference file.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Update - was working fine till I updated Freeway and it immediately happened again.

Deleted the preferences again, hopefully that will fix it. Again.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

No. It didn’t. I’m going to repair permissions, delete the plist files and try again.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Fixed. So far. Be nice if Softpress could sort this out - it’s clearly to do with Freeway, not Lion or anything else.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve been getting the same message: “Could not save because you do not have the necessary access privileges.” But strangely, this occurs AFTER the save. Once that message pops up though, the file will not re-open, no matter what you try.
A visual clue that something’s wrong is that the file loses its icon thumbnail of the contents, replaced by the Freeway icon.

The solution for me: Run Disk Utility and repair permissions. The icon returns to normal, and Freeway can open it once again. I haven’t needed to delete all those .plist files.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi guys,

This is probably too late since you’ve already done this, but could you (or anyone else suffering from this problem) send us the details of the permission repair if this happens again? Make sure the Show Details checkbox in Disk Utility is selected, copy the details, and paste them in a new email to email@hidden.

Many thanks,

Joe

On 5 Feb 2012, at 23:09, Kevin G wrote:

I’ve been getting the same message: “Could not save because you do not have the necessary access privileges.” But strangely, this occurs AFTER the save. Once that message pops up though, the file will not re-open, no matter what you try.
A visual clue that something’s wrong is that the file loses its icon thumbnail of the contents, replaced by the Freeway icon.

The solution for me: Run Disk Utility and repair permissions. The icon returns to normal, and Freeway can open it once again. I haven’t needed to delete all those .plist files.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Permissions repair didn’t work for me, I had to delete the plist files as well. If I have to do the permissions again, I’ll send the log to you. What’s the address? It’s just coming up as ‘email@hidden’


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sorry, it’s support(a)softpress.com.

On 6 Feb 2012, at 10:54, spark wrote:

Permissions repair didn’t work for me, I had to delete the plist files as well. If I have to do the permissions again, I’ll send the log to you. What’s the address? It’s just coming up as ‘email@hidden’


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Also, can you verify if you’re using Lion and whether you upgraded your old system or did a clean install?

Cheers,
Joe

On 6 Feb 2012, at 10:54, spark wrote:

Permissions repair didn’t work for me, I had to delete the plist files as well. If I have to do the permissions again, I’ll send the log to you. What’s the address? It’s just coming up as ‘email@hidden’


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I upgraded my old system. But I’m about to get a new Mac so this time I’ll try a clean install.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Great, thanks. We’ve noticed that this problem has only affected upgraded accounts so far.

Joe

On 6 Feb 2012, at 11:07, spark wrote:

I upgraded my old system. But I’m about to get a new Mac so this time I’ll try a clean install.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Interesting. I’ll let you know how the clean install goes.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options