[Pro] Submenu vertical alignment

Greetings,

As you can see in the link, the top of the submenu is overlapping the teal bar (on the desktop version) and I want to move it down so it butts the bottom of the bar. I’m unable to get it to work. The over/under BackDraft menu bar does this perfectly, but I can’t seem to get the bar to be full width no matter what attributes I assign to it. It stops at 1200px.

Thanks,
Randi

http://navmenu.rsidentitydesign.com/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

With your current padding, margins and heights on items 8 and 10 the following should do what you need.

Add via Page > html Markup in the before (end head) section

<style type="text/css>>
#fwNav1 * .sub { margin-top: 14px; }
</style>

Of course you have this in there already

<style type="text/css">
.fwNav1-toggle-label, .fwNav1-toggle-close {
    width: 134px;
    height: 21.333 pxpx;
    }
</style>

so just change that to (taking out the extra px and round the height to 22px - you cant get .333 of a px)

<style type="text/css">
.fwNav1-toggle-label, .fwNav1-toggle-close {
    width: 134px;
    height: 22px;
    }
#fwNav1 * .sub { margin-top: 14px; }
</style>

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On another point - I see that you are supposed to be using the Roboto Slab font.

However there is no code on this page to make this happen. I would expect to see

<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Slab:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

And in your style definitions

font-family: 'Roboto Slab', serif;

Note the ’ quotes ’ around the 2 word font name

with

font-weight: 400; or font-weight: 700;

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Perfect, thank you! I suspected the solution would be something like that but didn’t know how to write the proper code.

Thanks for pointing out the font issue. I extracted the menu from my main document and forgot to add the google font code to it.

Thanks again!

~R

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

A little addendum to the above.

After adding the code I have suggested you may find that the gap between the main menu items and the sub menus is too large meaning that the sub menu disappears before the pointer reaches it.

Add the following which essentially increases the height of the click area on each link to compensate.

span.style7 { padding: 10px 0px; }

This brings me to another point - naming.

FW helpfully gives a name to every item you create to avoid duplicate IDs but you should help yourself by changing these (item8, item10) to something more meaningful ie menu-wrapper, menu etc.

Similarly for your styles - style7 doesn’t mean much while menu-link means much more.

It will help you later on identify things from the code and from the items list in your sidebar.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Ah, yes, I noticed the disappearing sub menu after my last reply and was going to inquire about it this morning (NY time). Thank you for the additional information and tips. I will go back in and name my items properly as well.

With much appreciation,
Randi

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden