[Pro] Tabbed content action

Does anyone know if there’s an action for tabbed content?.. from memory I believe Paul Dunning might have done one, but can’t find anything definite.
It would be to add to an existing site made in FW5.5 pro.

thanks
Hugh


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I dimly recall that, although it’s not showing up on the ActionsForge. I did a couple of different tab examples many years ago; they can be found at Untitled and Protaculous Tabs and both have downloadable files of “a certain age”.

Walter

On Dec 6, 2016, at 9:11 AM, hugh email@hidden wrote:

Does anyone know if there’s an action for tabbed content?.. from memory I believe Paul Dunning might have done one, but can’t find anything definite.
It would be to add to an existing site made in FW5.5 pro.

thanks
Hugh


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter, many thanks for those links!

I tried /tabs2 as it looked simpler…but am mystified how it works!

It looks as though Protaculous action is applied to the page, and then you simply seem to have an html text box as a layer - I can’t see any other ‘settings’ or functions on the page?

Obviously it works at your link but it’s a miracle! I tried doing the same on my page design and simply got a run of text!

Am I missing something?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Look in the Protaculous Action interface, and check all the code editors in there. I don’t recall what I did, it was many years ago.\

Walter

On Dec 6, 2016, at 10:46 AM, hugh email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walter, many thanks for those links!

I tried /tabs2 as it looked simpler…but am mystified how it works!

It looks as though Protaculous action is applied to the page, and then you simply seem to have an html text box as a layer - I can’t see any other ‘settings’ or functions on the page?

Obviously it works at your link but it’s a miracle! I tried doing the same on my page design and simply got a run of text!

Am I missing something?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter, yes sorry I’m pushing back the years a bit with this, no doubt! I’ll have a look around the Protaculous interface , see what I can make of it. Thanks for the help.

Hugh


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I extracted the relevant code from the version on my site, and marked it up with comments in this gist:

The first few lines are the configurable stuff, and everything lower down is just building on top of those configuration choices. Within the HTML box you choose to use, you need to type headers interspersed within the items they refer to, similar to how you would use my Accordion Action to set up an accordion effect:

Header

A paragraph (or more) of text that relates to the header.

Another header

Another paragraph or more, maybe a list, something other than a header.

...

The JavaScript does the rest, pulling the headers out of the text flow and building the tab bar, and making the bodies behave. The only other thing you need to do is ensure that the outermost box is set to have a flexible height, so the remainder of the page will collapse around it. When you look at things in Freeway, all of the tabs and their content will be in one big tall box. When you look at it in a browser, only the first tab (or selected tab, after initial page view) will be visible, and your page should not have a huge empty space below the tabbed area.

Walter

On Dec 7, 2016, at 5:47 AM, hugh email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walter, yes sorry I’m pushing back the years a bit with this, no doubt! I’ll have a look around the Protaculous interface , see what I can make of it. Thanks for the help.

Hugh


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options