[Pro] target show/hide layer flickering item issue

hi!!
this is my first post after a couple of years using freeway. all this time, I could just carry on with all my doubts thanks to the help of all your posts (THANKS ALL!!!)

But this time, I cant find the solution to my problem, so here is my first post :slight_smile:

The issue I am encountering is:

My website is a list of images going all the way down on every page of my website. My idea is using target show/hide layer action to display an info html item inside every picture.
I have accomplished so using the combination of a rollover and a target show/hide layer action, so everytime I mouseover on the image, the info item displays on the bottom of that image.
What is driving me nuts is that, when I mouseover on that info item already displaying, it flickers constantly as if the mouseover action does not apply to it. It then dissapears, and when it dissapears, the mouseover action works again, hence that constant and fast flickering.

Does all this make sense or I am not explaining myself properly?
I hope someone out there can help me with a solution.
Thanks in advance

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

First place to start is by providing a link to your page(s).

David

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden

http://arnaizyano.co.uk/indonesiasumatra.html

please mouse over the first picture in the list, and as you do so, mouseover the info panel.
see how it flickers as if the mouse over would not work on the info item, so it has to dissapear for the mouse over to work again.
hope it does make sense.

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden

It isn’t really very surprising when you consider your construction.

You have a hover effect on the main image that reveals an html item on top of it.

By moving the cursor over the border between the two you are continually making/breaking the hover on the image behind. The hover effect breaks when the info panel appears between the cursor and the image behind.

There are other ways to create a similar effect and while I appreciate you haven’t constructed these pages with Mobile in mind you might want to relook at your methodology if you are considering making your pages/site responsive.

Maybe something more like this - http://www.deltadesign.co/fw_examples/CSSstuff/css3-info-slideup.html

D

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden

hello dave,
thanks for your reply.

I understand what you say but I would like to know:

• Is there any way I could take to make my current design work? I would like to have my info item completely hidden before I mouse over the image.

• If not, what is the action needed to get the effect you show me in your link, that info slide up?

thanks

actionsdev mailing list
email@hidden