[Pro] Template for artists work

It’s the same “Used fonts warning” you see when you open an InDesign file containing fonts which are not (yet) installed on your system …

This probably is due to the fact that the fonts used aren’t installed on your system (yet). When you want to use the Open Sans typeface, just install the fonts present in the downloadable zip.

If not, and you want to use your own typeface (or just a standard font like Helvetica or whatever), just open Edit > Font Sets… and remove all Open Sans references. Make sure you apply your own typeface within the Styles Editor to the appropriate styles.

On the Master page I’ve created links to external/additional stylesheets. Go to the Master page, hit Cmd+Alt+Shift+H and the Page Markup opens up. Select the 'After ’ section and you’ll find this:

<link rel=stylesheet href="http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/reset.css">
<link rel=stylesheet href="css/fontawesome.css">
<link rel=stylesheet href="css/fontface.css”>
  • The reset is just a basic/standard reset stylesheet commonly used. You can leave that one.
  • The second one, ‘FontAwesome’ is a fontset used for special characters/icons. I’ve set them up by default, but it’s up to you if you like to use them or not. Take a look here for the icon-set and cheatsheet. All icons are basically set up as a font/characters in CSS rather than images.
  • The last one, ‘fontface’ is the @fontface CSS set up to load up the OpenSans typeset. @Fontface is used for using non-standard fonts (like the Open Sans) of which you’ve uploaded the several typefaces in .eot, .woff, .woff2, .tff and .svg format. So the browser will load this font from your web site location.
    All three are optional. I use them, but you won’t need to.

In the styles editor I’ve set up the standard font for the web site in the ‘body’ style. That way, I won’t have to manually apply the font to the text, all automatically is whatever font is specified in ‘body’ (without the quotes). So in this case I’ve only applied the H2 (Open Sans Semibold, font-size 36px with a line-height of 72px for desktop / 54px for mobile )to the first line (name of the painting).

For H1, H2, H3 and a couple of other styles I’ve applied other fonts, just play with them and see what works for you.

It’s really not that sophisticated … updated files are available, just re-download the file.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: