[Pro] Template for artists work

Anyone have a responsive template that can display artists silk drawings each to one page - multiple pages at my option/choice?

Once MacHighway provides the uplink info I should be able to show a demo of what I have in mind at unveiledgallery.com
(currently it goes to another DIFFERENT place which hopefully will be correcdted by Monday

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Amber,

I might totally misinterpret your question, but this seems to be a very simple layout, right?

• Static horizontal menu on top of page
  • The big hero image (the drawing)
  • A description perhaps
  • Footer
  • Responsive behavior

Something like that?

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

When you need something like this, I’ll be able to send you a template today …

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

yes like that
apologies for not answering sooner

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Okay, here’s a one-page demo, and here’s the file … this should do the trick.

I’ve created 3 breakpoints, but I only used just one (at 768px), and that’ll do. Notice the styles at the styles palette. And check out the ‘Extended’ usage for several DIV’s. Just select them one by one (on the master page) at both Default and 768 media types and hit Alt+Cmd+Z for Extended.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

thanks. downloaded and studying it
Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Wow! I’ve a lot to learn… nav/F/font/css in the master& site folder is strange and unknown. Fonts are not loading as a window opens about # of fonts found then…
Open Sans/ Lignt/Semibold being replaced by Times and
“font substitution may reflow the text.”

all beyond my experience. I created (donated) and maintain web sites at http://changinglifechange.com/ and http://mangumandsons.com/ and http://jakesbarbershop.com/ and
http://quality-a-paintservice.com/

Only the barbershop site is responsive after months of confusing effort likely affected  when the body age is 89.

My present SITE effort is for a friend whose teen daughter has unusual art skills. The site needs to be responsive so your help is deeply appreciated. It may include works like the one you displayed.

I will study the template, but It may be more sophisticated than I need unless I can figure out how to alter it.
thanks for understanding
Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It’s the same “Used fonts warning” you see when you open an InDesign file containing fonts which are not (yet) installed on your system …

This probably is due to the fact that the fonts used aren’t installed on your system (yet). When you want to use the Open Sans typeface, just install the fonts present in the downloadable zip.

If not, and you want to use your own typeface (or just a standard font like Helvetica or whatever), just open Edit > Font Sets… and remove all Open Sans references. Make sure you apply your own typeface within the Styles Editor to the appropriate styles.

On the Master page I’ve created links to external/additional stylesheets. Go to the Master page, hit Cmd+Alt+Shift+H and the Page Markup opens up. Select the 'After ’ section and you’ll find this:

<link rel=stylesheet href="http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/reset.css">
<link rel=stylesheet href="css/fontawesome.css">
<link rel=stylesheet href="css/fontface.css”>
  • The reset is just a basic/standard reset stylesheet commonly used. You can leave that one.
  • The second one, ‘FontAwesome’ is a fontset used for special characters/icons. I’ve set them up by default, but it’s up to you if you like to use them or not. Take a look here for the icon-set and cheatsheet. All icons are basically set up as a font/characters in CSS rather than images.
  • The last one, ‘fontface’ is the @fontface CSS set up to load up the OpenSans typeset. @Fontface is used for using non-standard fonts (like the Open Sans) of which you’ve uploaded the several typefaces in .eot, .woff, .woff2, .tff and .svg format. So the browser will load this font from your web site location.
    All three are optional. I use them, but you won’t need to.

In the styles editor I’ve set up the standard font for the web site in the ‘body’ style. That way, I won’t have to manually apply the font to the text, all automatically is whatever font is specified in ‘body’ (without the quotes). So in this case I’ve only applied the H2 (Open Sans Semibold, font-size 36px with a line-height of 72px for desktop / 54px for mobile )to the first line (name of the painting).

For H1, H2, H3 and a couple of other styles I’ve applied other fonts, just play with them and see what works for you.

It’s really not that sophisticated … updated files are available, just re-download the file.

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks. She likes the template which I uploaded to a different site at http://www.alessandrajouberteix.com/ yesterday

But on upgrading the downloaded fonts I tried to integrate and failed. So will delete all and start over with the update which I assume will integrate the fonts.
thanks
Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I really appreciate your help
It’s up and working, but there’s a lot I don’t understand like the two ways of showing the page names. Can’t find them in sidebar as want to make their ‘color’ darker and have te names more easily visible. And some elements seem 'locked on a page and unaccessible to move up or down.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 9 Sep 2015, 12:37 am, Ann Amber wrote:

I really appreciate your help
It’s up and working, but there’s a lot I don’t understand like the two ways of showing the page names. Can’t find them in sidebar as want to make their ‘color’ darker and have te names more easily visible.

I don’t understand what you mean by this to be honest. Are you referring to the menu? That’s done via the Inspector. Select the div containing this menu and move over to the Inspector …

And some elements seem 'locked on a page and unaccessible to move up or down.

It’s an inline-layout (or box model layout), so no … you can’t drag stuff around. All is done via floats, margins and padding …

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

yes… that’s a key item I did not grasp. will study & test to understand.
in-line etc obviously has meanings beyond my grasp at present.
THANKS. Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

got it I think… but how do I access the 3 different horizontal bars above the words? I want to increase their color and size if possible

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On further thought, I would like to remove the 3 bars for navigation and show only the page names. So what’s necessary to show the page names all the time? If it’s complex; what’s necessary to simply place them atop the home page. which is what I call normal???

What’s there now is nice and different; but with my limited experience I have difficulty with athat and all the disquess-containers which seem surplus to me. have not found a reliable way to use them . Seems to me could more easily be done by a html or graphic area.

I’ve activated the INDEX page that was hidden as I noticed that sometimes a browser will automatically insert/index and that leads to a failure to locate.
Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

what is a disquess-containers
and what is it’s purpose inside an html box

Where are the 3 bars hidden? I have not found them? (that make up the page access in the narrow res ponse window?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Disqus is a comment service https://disqus.com , of all the rest I’m not aware what you’re talking about. I stalked this thread for several days now and am honestly stunned (and a little bit horrified).

Why don’t you create pages within your boundaries of your abilities? It is possible climbing Mount Everest without any practice, chances are pretty low, though. A learning process requires a plan and a strengeren structure.

Your client already agreed to the basic template? So you showed her the expectable results without any clue to handle the file and its basics? And now you expect this audience to handle this for you?

Apologize if it sounds hard, but if you want to serve your client successful, I’d recommend to give Rich a good part of turnover and he will bring it to an end. Your job is to create a proper written outline and carefully listening and inspecting what he does and how he’ll do.

Knowledge is the first answer against cluelessness - not always cheap, but we all had to pay this price.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thomas… as age 89 1/2 when a template is offered and I seek to understand it asking questions makes reasonable sense. Sorry you feel that you had to pay a price for learning. I see it differently.
A

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m sorry but I’ve been rather busy last couple of days, I’ve only had a few hours sleep per day. However, I’ll make the appropriate changes (the lines in the menu are set up in the cuss menus action for example). And I’ll put up some screenshots to help and clarify some stuff.

I have to admit I didn’t have any clue what your experience level was before I started. My apologies for that :slight_smile:

Speak to you soon,

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Richard. I Understand…
Appreciate the help. Take whatever time is needed.
Extremely pleased in the assistance.

Thomas assumed that liking a template meant it was approved; when it only means…good, that’s a start, now let’s make these changes etc and see how it turn out.

Thanks
Ann

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Maybe all you need is one page with an Exhibeo gallery? Exhibeo 2 » Easy-to-use web gallery app for Mac

Also check Softpress marketplace for templates Softpress Marketplace – Buy Freeway templates

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden