[Pro] Un wanted characters in controls

Hello,

Really enjoying the flexibility and control with exhibit.
However there appears to be a few anomalous characters appearing in the control buttons. Is this a text thing?

Other than this its been great. Any thoughts?

many thanks

Anthony

http://www.adevlinvisual.com/Bridging%20The%20Gap/btgagm2015.html

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Anthony,

This looks like a text encoding issue, by default Freeway will use the
encoding with the smallest character set necessary for what appears on the
page, but it doesn’t know about the characters the Exhibeo Action is using.

Off the top of my head, I believe the text encoding option is in the third
tab of the Inspector palette with the page selected, (in Freeway) so
probably manually changing that to UTF-8 will get rid of that problem.

Regards,
Simon Manning

On 4 November 2015 at 13:22, tonzodehoo email@hidden wrote:

Hello,

Really enjoying the flexibility and control with exhibit.
However there appears to be a few anomalous characters appearing in the
control buttons. Is this a text thing?

Other than this its been great. Any thoughts?

many thanks

Anthony

BTG AGM 2015

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hullo Simon, Many thanks for this. I have done as suggested and it does appear to have rectified the control buttons.
There is still a strange out of place character in the top left hand corner which would be good to either get into a better position or removed completely…
Is there a way to customise the actual control buttons?

Thanks again for your time.

Anthony

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

You are missing some fonts - namely thumblie.ttf and thumblie.woff and I suspect without them the controls you are seeing (top left) are not displaying as they should.

This may not be helped by having space characters in the your file/folder names such as at Bridging%20The%20Gap

David

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hello dave,

Thanks for this.
I don’t have any of the thumb lie fonts. Been trying to find a reliable source for them as a few that I have downloaded have ended up not installing. Where is a reliable source for these fonts?

Once I tried this and see if it resolves things then I can revise the folder name. I have been using this format before and there has been no apparent issue but I shall bear it in mind.

Cheers for now

Anthony

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

As a follow on from this I reckon it would be good to be able to customise a bit the actual controls in terms of positioning, styling and if they are desirable or not in some cases.
Most else with Exhibeo is great but the necessary control of the controls would be a big step forward I think.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for this. I don’t have any of the thumb lie fonts.

They are packaged with the app and should end up in the files that are uploaded along with the Exhibeo output.

D

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thats strange as I have been using Exhibeo a lot of late and all the time there is the discrepancy with these characters.
I can’t see what it is that may be causing this to occur, and at what point the fonts are not engaging with the output to generate the correct characters.
As it appears to be such an isolated incident then I assume it must be something in my set up that is causing this.

Its a niggle!

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Just a final note on this for anyone who may find themselves in a simlar situation. Well you never know!
The problem was down to the fact that I am still in a period of transition from Freeway 5.5 to Freeway 7 and as such Exhibeo exhibits the traits I describe above when uploading from 5.5 but functions as it should minus the extra unwanted characters when exporting from version 7.
Problem apparently overcome. Soon I may be able to stop using 5.5 all together.

Thanks for any contributions to this discussion.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden