[Pro] Unknown script on 13 of my 500 pages

My website has about 500 articles written by me. All of them use the same settings and Master Page. And all 500 pass Google’s and Bing’s Mobile Tool test.

Exactly 13 of these articles somehow have a Resources/fwResponsiveMenus.js javascript occurring at the very end of the Page Source. The other pages do not have it. It executes a javascript that I noticed is in my Resources folder. How it got there and what it does, I have no idea.

Whenever I make any change at all to even one of the 13 articles containing the script, then upload that page, it uploads ALL 13 pages with this script on it.

Is this some unneeded script that I somehow inadvertently put into these 13 pages? (My other responsive pages work fine without it) If so, how can I get rid of it, or will it cause problems to the pages if I do get rid of it? Thanks for any advice.

A sample page from those 13 is 'The Devil Made Me Do It' | Classic Blameshifting

If you do a View Source, you’ll see that script at the very bottom.

https://www.jimfeeney.org/devil-made-me-do-it-blameshifting.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Jim,

Are you using the CSS Menus Action on those pages?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes, Jeremy. On ALL my 500 pages I’m using the CSS Menus Action for the Navigation at the top of each page.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Jim,

What I’ve found with this Action is that if you change one of the options in the Responsive section (e.g. Show Icon at Breakpoint), it causes this script to be added. If you later change that option back, it doesn’t remove the script, but it puts in some placeholder variables that shouldn’t be there (e.g. initial ). I can see that happening on your page, and I think it’s some kind of bug in the Action. That’s probably triggering the upload issues

However, if this is only happening on 13 pages, it suggests that you might be able to fix the problem with the following steps (on each of those pages):

1. Select the box that the Action is applied to
  2. Open the Actions palette
  3. Look at the bottom of the palette: there should be a “Use Master” checkbox
  4. If the checkbox is turned off on those pages, try turning it back on again

This will cause the Action to be reset to the values that are on the master page, and I think that should fix the problem. You probably want the Action to have the same values on all pages, but in case you don’t — note that all the values (for this Action) will be reset to to the default values that are in the master Action.

Jeremy

On 7 Dec 2020, at 17:06, Jim Feeney email@hidden wrote:

Yes, Jeremy. On ALL my 500 pages I’m using the CSS Menus Action for the Navigation at the top of each page.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Jeremy. I’ll experiment with your recommendations.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden