[Pro] Unwanted space above and below full width wrapper

Hi, we’ve setup a simple site using Backdraft, which on the whole is a great and simple system to work with. My one issue is that I cannot get the small white gap at the top and bottom of the hero images to disappear. I have removed the margin and padding, but the gap stays. This image obviously scales to narrow screen width, but the gaps seem to widen even further on this format. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

http://sapphirestreet.com/sap2015/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This is caused by a wrapping paragraph Tag around the img-Tag (Freeway standard behavior).

A browser adds by default a:

-webkit-margin-before: 1em;
-webkit-margin-after: 1em;
-webkit-margin-start: 0px;
-webkit-margin-end: 0px;

which is the “white space” on top and bottom.

So either adding to the p those two first properties with a 0 value, or working with the Remove Paragraph Tags Action (which I’m not sure where to find these days).

BTW:

How did you add this image? I just wonder because it has some inline styles. Did you add those manually? Or what? Preferred method these days is “Pass Through”.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Thomas, I’ll try and change those values. This is added as a pass-through, but I have added some additional styling via the mark-up section in an attempt to get the space to go away.

Cheers
Matt

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Remove them.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve had tons of problems with this very issue. It is very annoying indeed. At one point, Thomas told me to change the alignment from baseline to “top” and that helped immensely in that particular application. It’s something to try. Good luck!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden