[Pro] Upgrade to Freeway 6 and Actions

Greetings.

I just purchased the upgrade to Freeway 6 and I want to get started using this. However, there was a red-colored “important” message on the purchase/download page informing me that all of the actions listed there had to be updated.

I am a bit concerned because I have several sites that use several of the various actions including Protaculous, Moo-Tools, Web Yep, and more.

The worst thing I can do is create issues and make my sites not work that depend on the various actions.

I looked inside the Application Support Folder and there is one folder that says FREEWAY 5, and one folder that says FREEWAY PRO. It appears that several of the actions inside the FREEWAY PRO folder, that I am assuming that are the Freeway 6 actions. Several of the actions look like they have already been downloaded and installed with the install of Freeway…can’t be sure of that though.

There are still actions inside the FREEWAY 5 folder that look like they have been there for a few years, so I assume they are the original actions.

Do the two different applications, 5.5 and 6 use the different folders? Will the two applications and two sets of Application Support Folders (with the various actions) function completely independent of each other?

I really want to know these things before I begin using Freeway 6. Also, my Mac OS is 10.6.8.

Thanks,

Rich

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Do the two different applications, 5.5 and 6 use the different folders?

Yes

Will the two applications and two sets of Application Support Folders (with the various actions) function completely independent of each other?

Yes

Check what actions you are using in your 5.5 document and make sure that there are 6 compatible versions for them. Download and install into the Freeway Pro action folder.

Look on actionsforge.com for updates.

Remember that when you open a 5.5 version Doc in 6 you will still have the 5.5 version to go back to if necessary. You can run the 2 versions side by side if you want.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options