[Pro] Upgrading to El Capitan!

Good morning from snowy Colorado!

I am the happy owner of a new laptop running El Capitan. I am beginning the process of installing FW7 onto the new computer and eventually all (or most) of my website files also. I’m jumping from Snow Leopard to El Capitan in one fail swoop! Any tips on this transition?

I’m installing FW new from the website and will only copy my document files & media files from the Snow Leopard machine. I take it I need to go through my actions and install them one by one from the Forge. What else am I missing?

Thanks all!

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It should work just fine. If you want to avoid redownloading all of your actions, you can find them at User/Library/Application Support/Freeway/Actions/General. Then, just move them to the same location on your new computer and restart Freeway.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Slightly off topic, but I’ve found since upgrading to El Capitan, I get more frequent crashes when working in Freeway.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’m installing FW new from the website and will only copy my document files & media files from the Snow Leopard machine. I take it I need to go through my actions and install them one by one from the Forge. What else am I missing?

Personally I would use Migration Assistant to take the pain out of this process.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks guys. I have several sites that are still running FW 5.5. Am I better off leaving that on the old Snow Leopard machine (the documents/FW file and the 5.5 app).

For sure, I want to move all my FW 7 files to the El Capitan machine, but what do I do with these old 5.5 sites that will not be upgraded, but only updated, perhaps annually or bi-annually?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So far as I know, FW 5.5 continues to work on El Capitan without issue. I would just move everything over. You never know when the old computer will go kaput.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s amazing Caleb! Thanks. It certainly would be my preference to have all my files on the new computer. (My kids are standing in line wanting my old one!)

Now… Isn’t the location of the actions in a different place for FW7 and FW 5.5?? I seem to remember that…

Way to go softpress! I can’t believe 5.5 is compatible with El Cap!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have updated to OS 10.11.4. I try to run Freeway Pro and I get the message “Could not generate the HTML file ‘index.html’ because a file is in use. Check you have write permission to your export folder and that the file is not open in another application.”

I’ve rebooted, upgraded Freeway Pro to the latest version. The folder with the html files in them and the files have read/write permissions.

Anyone know what’s going on?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Try selecting a new Site Folder to publish into - you can create it in the the Finder first of all and then just choose it using the Select Button (half way down) when you go to File > Document Setup. Look under the Document Tab.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks much David! That worked.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden