[Pro] Upload cannot initialize CURL

I have been using Freeway for a number of years uploading initially with FTP then SFTP and never had problems uploading. Suddenly uploading always fails with the message “Cannot complete upload because could not initialise CURL [-26398:625:1220]”. Upload log says “*** Upload interrupted [-26398] ***”. I haven’t changed MacOS or Freeway version, just made a couple of minor changes to my site. I tried rebooting my MacBook but that doesn’t help. I’m running Freeway Pro 7.1.4 (7070) and MacOS 10.14.4. Anyone any ideas? Any help appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Adrian,

Apologies that I’ve only just seen this.

Are you still having problems?

Jeremy

On 8 Mar 2020, at 21:06, AdrianLucas email@hidden wrote:

I have been using Freeway for a number of years uploading initially with FTP then SFTP and never had problems uploading. Suddenly uploading always fails with the message “Cannot complete upload because could not initialise CURL [-26398:625:1220]”. Upload log says “*** Upload interrupted [-26398] ***”. I haven’t changed MacOS or Freeway version, just made a couple of minor changes to my site. I tried rebooting my MacBook but that doesn’t help. I’m running Freeway Pro 7.1.4 (7070) and MacOS 10.14.4. Anyone any ideas? Any help appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Yes no change. I don’t really understand why it should suddenly happen with nothing that I’m aware of changing. Especially as I understand that CURL on MacOS does not support SFTP so Freeway wouldn’t be using it anyway.
Thank you for your help.
Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Adrian,

Freeway uses LibCURL, and LibCURL does support SFTP - although not as well as it supports FTP and FTPS.

If you are able to use FTPS (Secure FTP) rather than SFTP (SSH File Transfer) that is a better option.

It’s a strange error though. I’m not sure why CURL would return CURLE_FAILED_INIT unless there is something unusual in your system. I’ve used SFTP upload without any problems quite recently (10.14.6). You could try downloading a fresh copy of Freeway from our website and see if that helps.

If this doesn’t help, the fallback option (which isn’t too difficult) is to select “File Copy” as the upload method (in the Upload dialog) and create a new empty folder (on your Mac) that you “upload” to. Then you can use a third-party FTP program (Cyberduck, Transmit, etc.) to upload or synchronise this folder with your online folder.

Jeremy

On 24 Mar 2020, at 08:40, AdrianLucas email@hidden wrote:

Yes no change. I don’t really understand why it should suddenly happen with nothing that I’m aware of changing. Especially as I understand that CURL on MacOS does not support SFTP so Freeway wouldn’t be using it anyway.
Thank you for your help.
Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Ok Jeremy - many thanks for your help. I will try your suggestions and see what happens.

Regards
Adrian.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden