[Pro] upload error Help

hi, I am trying to upload my website but I keep getting this error message “error occurred while receiving network data”

It seems to all connect and uploads mostly all the files then suddenly stops

I’ve tried passive and none passive, reset the password and connected via cable to the internet. Any Ideas?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can you try saving a log file?

Turn on “Save Log” in the Upload dialog (if it’s not turned on already) and upload a couple of times.

Logs are saved in the following location, which you should be able to copy and paste into the “Go to Folder” dialog in the Finder:

~/Library/Logs/Freeway Pro/FTP Logs/

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

sorry I don’t really understand what you mean - Where do I find the logs and where do I copy and paste them into ?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

sorry I don’t really understand what you mean - Where do I find the logs and where do I copy and paste them into ?

Freeway saves the logs in a folder inside your user Library folder. There are several Library folders on macOS, but the user Library is the one inside your user folder. Unfortunately, that’s normally invisible in the Finder, but you can get to it by using the “Go to Folder” command from the Finder’s Go menu. You should be able to copy and paste the following path into the Go to Folder dialog:

~/Library/Logs/Freeway Pro/FTP Logs/

(The tilde at the start means “User folder”)

You should then be able to open the log in TextEdit and see if there is any more information about why the upload is failing. E.g. does it fail at a particular point each time?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi yes, it cuts out at different points some I can’t find the log I’ve searched in the go to folder but can’t find the file anywhere? Could it be our internet connection?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You have to check the Save log checkbox in the Upload dialog (bottom left corner), and then the log file will be created and updated. Another way to get to your Library folder is to hold down the Option key while you are in the Finder, and choose Library from the Go menu. This option is hidden normally, but while you have the Option key held down, its option will appear in the list of places you may go.

Walter

On Feb 12, 2018, at 8:49 AM, Sue email@hidden wrote:

Hi yes, it cuts out at different points some I can’t find the log I’ve searched in the go to folder but can’t find the file anywhere? Could it be our internet connection?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi thank you, it’s all working now only took 6 hours lol :slight_smile: My internet connection was running at 0.8! thank you again for your great advice :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden