[Pro] Upload question

I’ve just changed providers and can’t upload files.

I’m now with network solutions, but their techs to this
point haven’t been able to solve the problem.

Has anyone experienced upload issues?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The steps that I would take in resolving upload issues are:

1. Check that you’re using the correct upload information provided by your ISP. Can you use this information to open an FTP (or FTPS) connection using a different FTP program (Cyberduck, Transmit etc.)?

2. Try changing “FTP Mode” in the Upload dialog to a different option (Passive or Non-Passive) if Automatic doesn’t work.

3. Use the "Save log” option to save an FTP log, which contains a detailed record of Freeway/server interactions. Logs are stored in "~/Library/Logs/Freeway Pro/FTP Logs/“

4. If all else fails, and you are unable to upload with Freeway, but you can connect using a different FTP program, set Freeway’s Upload method to “File Copy” and “upload” the site into a separate local folder. Then use a separate FTP program to upload this folder and keep it synchronised with your online folder.

(The reason to use “File Copy” rather than simply upload your Site folder, is that Freeway saves some additional files into the Site folder, which don’t need to be uploaded.)

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

thanks, again for this info — I hope I can get Freeway to do it?

On Jan 25, 2018, at 1:35 PM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

The steps that I would take in resolving upload issues are:

1. Check that you’re using the correct upload information provided by your ISP. Can you use this information to open an FTP (or FTPS) connection using a different FTP program (Cyberduck, Transmit etc.)?

2. Try changing “FTP Mode” in the Upload dialog to a different option (Passive or Non-Passive) if Automatic doesn’t work.

3. Use the "Save log” option to save an FTP log, which contains a detailed record of Freeway/server interactions. Logs are stored in "~/Library/Logs/Freeway Pro/FTP Logs/“

4. If all else fails, and you are unable to upload with Freeway, but you can connect using a different FTP program, set Freeway’s Upload method to “File Copy” and “upload” the site into a separate local folder. Then use a separate FTP program to upload this folder and keep it synchronised with your online folder.

(The reason to use “File Copy” rather than simply upload your Site folder, is that Freeway saves some additional files into the Site folder, which don’t need to be uploaded.)

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options