[Pro] Web Yep Image element Responsive

I can’t get my Web Yep Images to be fully responsive. I want them to expand to the width of the parent div at the 900pm media size.
I added class=“flexImage” to the extended attribute of the image element but no go.

Anyone who can help with this?

Example is under “About” on my page - The Eyecare Team photos

Billy

http://smartytest.com/eyecare/index.php

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

As far as I know with this technique, the image will never grow bigger than it originally is. Your picture is only 150x200 px wide.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for your response. I figured it out.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Billy, what did you end up doing?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Have a look at: http://fotogruppe-erkelenz.de/HB.php?DOC_INST=25
This is a responsive WebYep Gallery with square preview images.

How to:

• set Max Gallery Action to 1 column (width, height here set to 150px)
  • use more.css to style

Width and height are with fallback (ios7).

Hubert

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi hubert nice use of css to make the gallery responsive
I have been thinking about responsive gallery for a little while and what you have achieved is pretty darn good

kind regards max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Max.

In this example you can add a description to one (ore more) images too without destroying the table look. See updated website (Link above).

Hubert

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Hubert I was thinking I was going to have to rethink the gallery action construction because of the need for responsive limitations of the table construction but what you have achieved seems to have tackled that without a restructure

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yep - perhaps, but if someone works as I do:

“Never use tables for constructional purposes …”

or

http://shouldiusetablesforlayout.com

it may require a reconstruction (to avoid the word inevitable)

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Thomas i know what you mean… tables do seem to be regarded as a dirty word , but the realities are that tables are perfectly valid and in some circumstances a much better alternative than more modern methods . This is especially true for things like multi column data lists. So for the moment I cant see the demise of tables as necessarily desirable.
WebYep Galleries and slide shows can already be made without tables and eventually a non table gallery specific element will be made but in the mean time Huberts method is a good alternative

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s not my intention.

Tables do have their damn right to be there and I even see the necessity within the WY Gallery which is “sortable” content.

Unlike the most FW-users, I have a look under the hood. As a process of some months experience, I can’t see any other external feature building their stuff still on tables (without calling them dirty or obsolete).

I once styled a gallery thanks to your excellent example in the WY-Manual. I know what I’m talking about if it comes to style such a beast which is two or three css-properties away doing it on regular DIVs. Doing Boston’s schedule I leave no doubt how to tackle.

Ernie once did a crazy cool “responsive tables” example. This may help you (perhaps) to work things out and apply some kind of standard classes and stuff to the default.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Thomas

I know you do a lot of under the hood looking and adjusting which does give you a much better understanding and you are quite right. a responsive gallery does need to be rethought and I do hope to do that after the next big release which I do hope is going to be soon

it’s being tested at the moment by some rapid-weaver people as it needs to work with those developers as well and I have already seen things that will need to be addressed after the first release, and one of those would be the gallery… so I am hoping it does get launched soon so I can get on with the next release

speak soon max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden