[Pro] Webring

When Adam was a lad I added a Webring to my site and then proceeded to forget all about it. Now I have noticed it has intruded onto my index page and I can’t get rid of it. Needless to say Webring don’t want to be contacted. Can anyone help? I am using Freeway Pro 6.1.2 and want rid of the damn thing,

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I can’t connect to your server. I get a redirect to www.home.btconnect.com/peter-grainger, which does not resolve (no host www.home.btconnect.com).

Walter

On Jan 4, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Peter Grainger email@hidden wrote:

When Adam was a lad I added a Webring to my site and then proceeded to forget all about it. Now I have noticed it has intruded onto my index page and I can’t get rid of it. Needless to say Webring don’t want to be contacted. Can anyone help? I am using Freeway Pro 6.1.2 and want rid of the damn thing,

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 4 Jan 2018, 3:50 pm, Peter Grainger wrote:

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

On 4 Jan 2018, 3:56 pm, waltd wrote:

I can’t connect to your server. I get a redirect to www.home.btconnect.com/peter-grainger, which does not resolve (no host www.home.btconnect.com).

Walter

On Jan 4, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Peter Grainger wrote:

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Walter

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Walter

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Walter

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Hello Walter.

This is a further problem I have had to resolve. The server has been changed and the host has disconnected by accident. I have confirmation that the redirect has been corrected and that the server is now a happy bunny. perhaps I was a bit previous with my query. Wait a couple of days and try again. Nice to see you have been spared the rigours of Christmas Walter. Happy new year.
Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Walter

Hi Walter, further to my previous reply, the problem was the www. in the BT hosts address. That has been removed and the redirect seems to be working.

Cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Looking at the page, it appears as though you have a line of JavaScript in the foot of the page that brings the Webring content into being. Have a look in Page / HTML Markup, in the Before /body section, and see if you see it there. If you don’t, look in the other page sections. Finally, look in the Edit / Actions dialog for anything with a check beside its name that appears to be related to the now-defunct Webring. Once you find it, you will need to figure out how it was applied. It may be a Page Action, in which case it should appear in the Actions palette when nothing else on the page is selected. But it may be a drawn-in-place Item-Action, so you should ensure that Outlines is on in the View menu, and then look on the page for anything with a little yellow cog in the top-left corner. Click once on it when you find it, and look in the Actions palette for its interface. Once you locate it, simply delete it from the page(s). If it is a page action, just click the (x) in the tab within the Actions palette interface. Then publish again, upload, and bask in your ring-free existence.

Walter

On Jan 5, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Peter Grainger email@hidden wrote:

www.peter-grainger.co.uk

Walter

Hi Walter, further to my previous reply, the problem was the www. in the BT hosts address. That has been removed and the redirect seems to be working.

Cheers

Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Looking at the page, it appears as though you have a line of JavaScript in the foot of the page that brings the Webring content into being. Have a look in Page / HTML Markup, in the Before /body section, and see if you see it there. If you don’t, look in the other page sections. Finally, look in the Edit / Actions dialog for anything with a check beside its name that appears to be related to the now-defunct Webring. Once you find it, you will need to figure out how it was applied. It may be a Page Action, in which case it should appear in the Actions palette when nothing else on the page is selected. But it may be a drawn-in-place Item-Action, so you should ensure that Outlines is on in the View menu, and then look on the page for anything with a little yellow cog in the top-left corner. Click once on it when you find it, and look in the Actions palette for its interface. Once you locate it, simply delete it from the page(s). If it is a page action, just click the (x) in the tab within the Actions palette interface. Then publish again, upload, and bask in your ring-free existence.

Walter

Thanks Walter you’re a star.
Page HTML showed up acres of text which I simply deleted. Job done. Cheers
Peter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden