[Pro] Will FW8 open FW7 projects?

Hey guys … Sorry if this has been covered already.

I understand why you guys are remaining tight-lipped on a release schedule (though I’m anxious to hear something!) … But are you able to say whether Freeway 8 will be able to open/convert Freeway 7 project files?

I’d love to cancel my Adobe subscription in the next couple months … I’m currently working with adapting to Affinity Photo, Designer, and Publisher to replace Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in my workflow … leaving only Muse as a necessity to maintain the couple personal sites I have running.

It’ll be frustrating if I have to keep my subscription for months and months just for Muse while waiting for FW8 to release. :slight_smile: So I’m wondering if it’d be prudent to re-re-rebuild my sites in FW7 for now so I can get the Muse monkey off my back … and then update/convert those sites to FW8 when it releases?

Thanks! And good luck, we’re so anxious for news. :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

As a person on the outside with no inside info, I’d say we hope so. I’d also bet that’s the long-term plan, but whether it will do it right away upon release might be another matter.

But here’s what I would do if I were in your shoes, FWIW.

I would simply not upgrade my Mac to Catalina when that version of macOS ships. You will be able to use FW7 as long as you need as long as you don’t upgrade past Mojave. Or, you can create a partition or virtual machine (with an app like Parallels or the other one I’m forgetting) that runs an older macOS if you do feel you need to run Catalina as your primary macOS, and run FW7 on or in that.

The other advantage this will give you is you will be able to take your time migrating to FW8 when it does ship. You will be able to continue to use FW7 on sites that aren’t converted to FW8, and go through them one by one to make sure everything works as expected when they are converted to FW8.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: