Problem running Freeway through Parallels Desktop

I’ve had a look at your cut-down document and I didn’t have any issues publishing it.

The images on the page weren’t using the images alongside the document, so they were marked as missing and published using versions of the images embedded in the document. This published correctly, however, including after making some changes on the page.

Relocating the images in Edit>Resources with the corresponding ones included in the zip also published correctly.

If you’re seeing the problem in that cut-down document, I think it’s likely related to having the virtual machine installed to a partition.

I’m that afraid my IT skills are pretty basic at best (as I am sure you might have noticed), so I don’t quite understand how to implement your advice. (When I initially downloaded and installed Parallels I just followed the instructions to set up a virtual machine.)

‘I would recommend reinstalling Mojave in a new VM using a virtual hard disk instead of a real partition.’

How do create a virtual hard disk? Is this the same as creating a disk image?

On closer inspection, it seems like Parallels doesn’t actually support using real partitions anyway, so I think you must already be using a virtual hard disk and I misinterpreted what you’d said previously.

With the virtual machine shut down, open the Control Center from the Window menu if it’s not already open and click the cog icon on your virtual machine. Under Options, then Sharing there are some settings related to making files accessible on both the host and guest, in particular share folders which I think defaults to home folder.

Try setting them as shown in my screenshot to see if that helps. It might look slightly different if you’re using Parallels 17, which I haven’t upgraded to yet.

Hi Jeremy and Simon,

Many thanks for all your efforts in trying to solve my problem with installing Parallels/Mojave. Your prompt replies with helpful advice were much appreciated. However, I’m afraid that my free trial expired before I was able to find a solution. (I did try contacting Parallels support for help, but their reply with a suggested remedy arrived too late - and it might not have worked, anyway.)

I now have to decide whether to persevere and buy a copy of Parallels, or simply continue to run Freeway Pro in macOS Mojave.

Kind regards,

Rob