Problem with changing breakpoints after 7.1 update

Hello

For some reason I can’t change the measurement in the inspector pallet for each breakpoint… I go to re-enter the page and it just changes it back

Also for some reason since the update my page measurement size have been changed automatically which has created allot more work :frowning: this has happen on 3 other sites!

Any ideas ?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This can be caused by elements on the pasteboard, or too wide for the resulting page size. Have you looked at those?

Walter

On Jul 10, 2015, at 12:53 PM, Sue email@hidden wrote:

Hello

For some reason I can’t change the measurement in the inspector pallet for each breakpoint… I go to re-enter the page and it just changes it back

Also for some reason since the update my page measurement size have been changed automatically which has created allot more work :frowning: this has happen on 3 other sites!

Any ideas ?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I have the same. Opened an existing FW doc in FW 7.1.0 and one of my pages’s breakpoints are no longer honored and can’t change them back. When I open the site in 7.0.4 it works with no problem. Already emailed the case to Softpress Support.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Same here – responsive layouts on both sites I am currently working on are ruined, I am unable to change the page widths, I am dealing with a minor change that normally takes 5 mins for more than two hours now… DTP2, did you get any response from the support yet?

On 11 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm, DTP2 wrote:

I have the same. Opened an existing FW doc in FW 7.1.0 and one of my pages’s breakpoints are no longer honored and can’t change them back. When I open the site in 7.0.4 it works with no problem. Already emailed the case to Softpress Support.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this issue, and will let you know once we find a fix.

If you need to do any urgent work in Freeway, then you should use Freeway 7.0.4 for now. I have added a download link below for Freeway 7.0.4 in case you have already deleted that version.

http://download2.softpress.com/Freeway7Pro704.zip

Sorry for any inconvenience

James Bairstow
Softpress Support

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi again,

If anyone is having an issue similar to the one described in this thread, then could you send your file to support(@)softpress.com please. It would be really useful, and help us find a solution to this issue sooner if we can see as many examples of this issue as possible.

Thanks

James Bairstow
Softpress Support

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I can confirm this problem on opening existing 7.04 files in 7.1. File sent.

Anything below the ‘Small Tablet: 720’ tab is incapable of changing the page width to match the intended breakpoint width.

Ian

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can you brave guys confirm, that we are talking about “absolute: positioned” drop&drag constructions? Cause it makes me nervous that I don’t have those issues.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Can you brave guys confirm, that we are talking about “absolute: positioned” drop&drag constructions? Cause it makes me nervous that I don’t have those issues.

For me it happened using inline construction with all absolute (by Freeway default) save one fixed header item, and this fixed item does not appear to be among the offending elements. Construction was done the normal way that worked within Freeway 7.0.4: drawing HTML boxes and specifying their characteristics, selecting the box you want another box to appear after, clicking the forward arrow, inserting and specifying variable for the next box.

The file did begin in 7.0.4.

In 7.1, a minor problem showed up in the Master where I set header, an empty parent box for main content, and two footer elements. The 320 breakpoint could not be reduced below 324.

On my first page, as I added content to the main content parent more and more problems appeared with being able to set page widths to intended breakpoint widths.

Hope this answers your question.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

For me it happened using inline construction with all absolute (by Freeway default) save one fixed header item,

Hope this answers your question.

Apparently my english > german translator broke, cause using the terms

1. inline
  2. absolute and
  3. Freeway default

in one sentence is not really part of my personal understanding and ability. It would be of outermost interest to see a very basic stripped down to items example.

Don’t mistake me here, but part of my experience transferring docs from one version number to a higher, is in 92,56% of all cases weird constructions. I’d prefer to fail here - but a bug is for all users (including me) and naturally I’d like to be aware of.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Apparently my english > german translator broke, cause using the terms

1. inline
  1. absolute and
  2. Freeway default

Certainly the first 2 are contradictory.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi everybody, hi James,

I do have the same problem. I opened a template a kind of master file that I use for new responsive projects as basic. Set breakpoints 420 and below are not honoured any more. These red areas appear, where the content is to big for the set breakpoint. Strange, I did not change a thing and in previous versions it was fine.

When I open the mediatypes dialog ( without changing anything) FW crashes when closing. I send the file to support(@)softpress.com. I hope you find the bug soon. Thanks a lot, Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Softpress got back to me on my problems on this last week. The one instance in my master page was caused by something they couldn’t initially diagnose and they escalated. Still haven’t heard back on it.

The rest were caused by HTML box overflows: in 7.1 these cause page widths to persist at wider widths than desired at breakpoints. All but one of the overflows were caused by a Fixed width or height setting. This other one had a height set at Flexible. To address it they instructed me to set it to Minimum and then back to Flexible. All the others were addressed by changing the Fixed width or height to something else.

Most if not all of these “Fixed” dimensions were changed to Fixed at breakpoints from what was specified at the default width. I don’t think (but am not sure) it was me who made these changes. I suspect that one aspect of this 7.1 problem is that some non-fixed dimensions set at default are changed by FW to fixed at narrower widths.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden