Problems opening files

When I try to open a gif file, I get this error message “MoroccoOutlineMapNoFeatures.GIF” could not be opened. Intaglio cannot open files in the “Preview.app Document” format.”

Ok. Opened in preview changed to jpeg and to png. Same result. Opened “info” for files and changed “open this file with” from Preview to Intaglio. No joy.

What’s going on? How do I fix this? Thank you
Harry

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Btw, Intaglio 3.9.2

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

What do you mean by “open”? Maybe “Import” or drag onto the Intaglio canvas? That´s what works here under Yosemite wether it´s GIF or AnimGIF - no problem - but as far as I know you cannot use the open-file dialog to open raster images. Can you link to that file?

Cheers

Frank

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I do not seem to be able to import or drag any image onto the Intaglio Canvas - previously an operation I used extensively

I am on an iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5 and Intaglio 3.9.3

Cheers
Dave

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I have the exact same specs and no problem either to import nor to drag on Intaglio´s canvas .Can you please try “Repair permission” option from the HD-utility app after(!) closing Intaglio? After running the complete routine start Intaglio again and try to drag an raster image to its canvas. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Frank

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Do you mean “Disk Utility”? It does whole disks, as far as I know. It still cannot open (message rejecting “preview app document format” after running Disk Utility.

It does open when I drag to the canvas tho—that’s progress. But not when I drag onto the dock icon of Intaglio

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Disk Utility - correct. I´m running another language as you might know - I´m just guessing the English terms.
Dragging raster image onto Intaglio´s icon in the dock to open Intaglio never worked (and is intended I think) as far as I know. Glad the drag -to-canvas is now working.
Can you host that particular image please and share the link - if you allowed to do so - and I will check it. (http://postimage.org)

Cheers

Frank

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I tried Verify and Repair Permissions with Disk Utility - there did not seem to be anything obviously wrong - and of course the same problem still keeps recurring i.e. neither drag-and-drop nor Import of a range of files works (I have tried .png, .pdf, .rtf and .jpg)

I did notice a couple of things

1. On import many of these formats do not get highlighted in the Open dialogue when using Import - .png files are but hey still wont how up on the Intaglio canvas

2. Most of these files do not include Intaglio in the Open with list in the Get Info window for each file - the one that does have Intaglio in the list is .pdf and you can import this into a new Intaglio window - so very limited success !

What’s going on here seems to be a problem in the import engine (which presumably drag-and-drop uses

Cheers

Dave

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

“Import engine” What? I´m sure Nick uses MacOSX standard routines for loading files. Is Intaglio the only app that stop working as expected, have you tried other compareable apps as well? We have now 2 threads on this issue here - it´s kinda strenuous to keep track of each other. As I said earlier you cannot open Intaglio with an image - just load/Import/drag-to-canvas.
Are your images coming from an externally device? Dis you made any updates recently? Did it work at some time in the past?
I´m running out of guess-work. Please link to any image (you can take one from Wikipedia by dragging it into the finder window and from there to Intaglio´s canvas) - didi that work?

Cheers

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Have you checked to see if the Preferences have changed? Strange things can happen after a crash. Choose the Clipboard tab and tick the Import PDF and Import Images checkboxes.

A workaround might be to use Preview as an interchange program. Open the JPEG in Preview and copy and paste into Intaglio.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

The latest version 3.9.4 appears to have solved this problem (from a very quick test)

Cheers

Dave

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden