Progress?

Jeremy et al,
Hope all is well with everybody out there.
Any update on progress of Xway? Understandable that there has been little chit chat on here since the pandemic hit however I am interested to know of any timeline for further iterations of Xway.

SS

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

We’re close to releasing Xway b2.

We’re currently tidying up a few things and updating the documentation.

There are lots of new features, including:

Resources view (Edit Resources)
Pasted graphics
Xway imports graphics that are not in web format (TIFF etc.)
External (online) resources
Iframes (YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, Google maps, etc.)
Dragging inflow boxes (move/duplicate)
Meta tags
Generic page markup
Language can be specified for pages and documents
Improved background images
Improved Dark Mode support

Jeremy

On 30 Apr 2020, at 09:19, Mad Farquhar email@hidden wrote:

Jeremy et al,
Hope all is well with everybody out there.
Any update on progress of Xway? Understandable that there has been little chit chat on here since the pandemic hit however I am interested to know of any timeline for further iterations of Xway.

SS

Gavin

Excellent!

This is EXCELLENT news! I’ve started looking properly at rebuilding my panorama site as I’m going to start using it to (I hope) get some actual work. I have been experimenting with WordPress for this, but my requirements here are much more about design control than about basing it around a CMS. (I’m not put off by WP; I currently have 30 students each set up with their own custom WP site as part of a digital magazine publishing assignment. It’s about choosing the most appropriate tool for the job.)

Online resources and iframe support is VERY important for this as the actual 360 images and tours are all deployed as self-contained HTML/CSS/JS structures.

So… how soon can we get our hands on b2? #innocentface #eagerface :wink:

Keith

Hi Jeremy,

I hope you are all doing well given the pandemic.

I’m happy to hear that a new version is on its way. Will this version include responsive menus?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

You can create flexible navigation boxes (as in b1), but we haven’t written a fully-fledged replacement for CSS menus yet.

Jeremy

On 7 May 2020, at 18:28, Richard Cacciato email@hidden wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

I hope you are all doing well given the pandemic.

I’m happy to hear that a new version is on its way. Will this version include responsive menus?

Thanks,

Richard