Quark 8.12 Pass4Press

Just a long shot but has anyone got any knowledge of the settings required for creating press ready PDF’s from Quark 8.12

There is only settings on the Pass4Press website for Q7 and I can’t find info anywhere.

Q7 settings are similar but the Transparency Pane is Q8.12 is now different.

Trev


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Don’t some of the default settings work such as PDF/X-3 or Press-High Quality?

I can’t even get 8.12 to run on Leopard or Snow Leopard. Quits on launch. I’ve asked for my money back.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Kryten

I have used Quark in its many versions for years.

I am running Q8.112 on OS 10.5.8

It is very stable BUT the only issue I have at the moment is producing press ready PDF’s for various printers I send magazine adverts to.

I have emiled Pass4Press directly - but no help offered - just get the settings for Q7.

Sometimes I am really tempted to switch to InDesign!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sorry typo there - should read Q8.12

T


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Trev,

If you want to play it safe output your PDF’s using PDF/X-1a:2001

David

Design, Print, Promotion, Web Design & Web Hosting

On 19 Nov 2009, at 18:42, t50ufo wrote:

Just a long shot but has anyone got any knowledge of the settings required for creating press ready PDF’s from Quark 8.12

There is only settings on the Pass4Press website for Q7 and I can’t find info anywhere.

Q7 settings are similar but the Transparency Pane is Q8.12 is now different.

Trev


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi David

Thanks - for your reply.

Sometimes it gets a bit frantic. You have a deadline - and it’s always “they need the ad by the end of the day” then it’s a session trying to get the PDF Settings OK.

I am so comfortable with Quark - that’s what attracted me years ago to Freeway. Just wish there was a bit more support for Q8 out there for stuff like this.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Try creating a new PDF output style in Quark, you can then use it again and again.

David

On 20 Nov 2009, at 09:38, t50ufo wrote:

Hi David

Thanks - for your reply.

Sometimes it gets a bit frantic. You have a deadline - and it’s always “they need the ad by the end of the day” then it’s a session trying to get the PDF Settings OK.

I am so comfortable with Quark - that’s what attracted me years ago to Freeway. Just wish there was a bit more support for Q8 out there for stuff like this.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Interesting you should mention InDesign. I’ve used Quark since v3 but have also been using InDesign CS3 for the last 12 months and now I have got used to it, I much prefer it. I just don’t want Adobe to completely obliterate all competition which would spoil it for everyone.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes, I have been on there since v3 too. Started out in Newspaper work and now design for print, etc. Love the web side too. I have found out a great deal through FreewayTalk. I have an older version of InDesign but never really got into it.
I often think, I should make the conversion. So many publications and Designers are using it when Quark sort of lost their way about v5/6.

Thanks for your comments and interest.

So you’re a Red Dwarf fan then I take it.
I’m a StarTrek fan myself - original series - of course . . .
the one where the fresh young ensigns beam down and die!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Only the ones in the red jumpers though!

Fellow Trekkie.
btw: I converted ti InDesign a couple of years ago, and I reckon it’s
waaaay better than QXP. (sorry Quark users - now there’s another Trek
reference)

On 20 Nov 2009, at 15:36, t50ufo wrote:

So you’re a Red Dwarf fan then I take it.
I’m a StarTrek fan myself - original series - of course . . .
the one where the fresh young ensigns beam down and die!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Time to raid the Piggy Bank then.
Think I need to throw myself in at the deep end and bury those old dilithium crystals!

Still It could be worse - I could be stuck with Quark on a PC!

Oh! Used to have a great StarTrek Poster that said
“Everything I learned in Life - I learned from StarTrek!”


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options