Relative Page Layout Action - button hover offset

I’m using the Relative Page Layout Action, which is great for fixing Firefox’s poor formatting, but it is making the ‘mouse over’ area of clickable buttons (jpeg) offset to the bottom right, diagonally, by approximately 50% of the size of the object.

I’ve tried removing the items from Relative Page Layout Action, but it causes formatting havoc. I’ve also tried setting them as ‘fixed’ but it makes no difference.

I guess this is a bug, but any pointers as to how to workaround, would be most welcome! :slight_smile:


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Grant,

Any chance we can see an example of what’s happening?

Cheers,
Joe

On 13 Feb 2012, at 21:31, grantsymon wrote:

I’m using the Relative Page Layout Action, which is great for fixing Firefox’s poor formatting, but it is making the ‘mouse over’ area of clickable buttons (jpeg) offset to the bottom right, diagonally, by approximately 50% of the size of the object.

I’ve tried removing the items from Relative Page Layout Action, but it causes formatting havoc. I’ve also tried setting them as ‘fixed’ but it makes no difference.

I guess this is a bug, but any pointers as to how to workaround, would be most welcome! :slight_smile:


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Joe,

try here :

http://www.grantsymon.com/Grabs/Screen Recording 3.mov

Grant


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Ooops … the server didn’t like the spaces. This should be ok though :

http://goo.gl/ey4Kf


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hmm, that might be something to do with the shadows on the graphics. Is that the only page it’s happening on? It doesn’t look like the kind of page that requires the RPL Action.

Joe

On 14 Feb 2012, at 13:13, grantsymon wrote:

Ooops … the server didn’t like the spaces. This should be ok though :

http://goo.gl/ey4Kf


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Joe,

no it isn’t the only page. I have other pages with the same graphics much smaller, but they’re not so good for illustrating the problem in a screen-movie.

Take a look here, on all the main pages. The tiny flags at the top above the CSS Menu blocks. : (NB the first page, with the big flags, doesn’t have the RPL Action!)


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

And applying the Remove from RPL Action to the graphics isn’t helping? I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support guys. Chuck an email, ideally containing your file to support(a)softpress.com.

Cheers,
Joe

On 14 Feb 2012, at 14:42, grantsymon wrote:

Hi Joe,

no it isn’t the only page. I have other pages with the same graphics much smaller, but they’re not so good for illustrating the problem in a screen-movie.

Take a look here, on all the main pages. The tiny flags at the top above the CSS Menu blocks. : (NB the first page, with the big flags, doesn’t have the RPL Action!)

www.grantsymon.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

When I applied the Remove RPL Action, the CSS Menu block all slid sideways to the left, in something of a messy jumble.

Is support happy to simply be pointed to this thread?

Grant


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yeah sure, they’ll probably need to see your file to find the cause of the problem (or a workaround) though.

Joe

On 14 Feb 2012, at 14:51, grantsymon wrote:

When I applied the Remove RPL Action, the CSS Menu block all slid sideways to the left, in something of a messy jumble.

Is support happy to simply be pointed to this thread?

Grant


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options