Responsive Freeway failure

The problem on this is, that the “Charcoal” template, created entirely new with Version 7 does not have this action applied by default. So coming from an older version of Freeway6, I think the action has got still the right being there.

The formula to me is pretty simple:

Keep older docs with the Version number it’s been created.

Responsive Design is a big chance. It is a chance to review ones’ strategy and design. The way building websites these days is so different - it changed all (nearby). And I often described it here on board, sooo often, that I’m really convinced of being right:

WebDesign today:

1. Requires a rock solid story, written - literally. Start by asking for “WHO” and write down the way the other W-questions (whom, what, where, why). This is more than a third of a web-project

2. Design. Do not abuse FW for doing so. It’s simply not the correct tool for these days. I recently purchased SKETCH and it’s sooooo coooool. And for each single “o” I’ll create a screencast, for sure. This ensures the next third.

3. The final third? This is consequently setting up the FW-doc. There are no questions left, cause everything already exists. Whether building it form scratch (preferably) or using framework like bootstrap or using templates (that need to match the story of step1) doesn’t matter. Make yourself clear the different ways of positioning and its single use and sense.

This is a workflow of modern web design, tested by myself - bulletproof.

The times of placing and replacing (drop and drag) are gone and they’ll never come back. For the one it is a pain, for the other it’s a win by increase of professionalism. It’s up to you to which of those chapters you’d like belonging to. And it has NOTHING to do with Freeway!!!

Perhaps the wrong thread to post this, who cares?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: