Responsive image resizing

Wow. That’s an impressive statement. Lots of assumptions.
As mentioned in my post, I tweaked one thing in the Inspector and the document was somehow corrupted. This has happened many times over the past two years when I work on a responsive site using Freeway.
I was able to rebuild from scratch and get it working. The graphic is inside an html object with a fixed height and relative width.
Note that the resizable graphic must be set to a width of Fixed (%) (not 100%) and a Height of Minimum. As the window is resized the graphic scales properly and my breakpoints provide a smooth transition (and, yes I do know what a breakpoint is).

If you have never made a simple tweak in an inspector, hit enter and suddenly have some objects disappearing, another object being moved a distance of some 3,000 pixels, others being wildly distorted, image boxes filled with pixealated noise, HTML boxes filling with a random color, and the default “no style” setting forcing all text to switch to italic, right-justified, then you have not experienced the kind of fun I have. You’d know it if it happened to you.

This is because of document corruption, not because of a lack of knowledge. I’ve been using FW since version 3, but I never experienced this kind of issue of corruption with Freeway before version 6 / responsive.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: