Retro template and Exhibit Focus

I’m not sure whether this should be in this section or under Exhibio, but having posted there 24 hours ago I thought I’d try here too.

I want to have several image galleries on the same page on a site using the Retro’s template.

I’ve used the “Artwork” section in Retro’d and imported an Exhibio file into each of the boxes. However, not only am I having difficulties getting the image to fit the box, when the page is resized and the boxes automatically resize to fit, the Exhibio image doesn’t change size and so breaks out of the box, as per the example here: TRG Design: Creative design for print & digital

Is there a way to keep the Exhibio image staying within the box bounds?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

In all honesty I’m not aware of both products so I can give you only a partial answer:

Theoretically, the image wrapper items called artwork-image-1 (and all the others) require an overflow:hidden. If it is not possible to set via inspector, you need to add the attribute via Item → extended → DIV Style tab overflow (name) hidden (value).

Buuut and that’s perhaps the culprit:

The exhibeo theme creates “thumbnails” which have fixed width and height values which will mean, that they neither fit into this above mentioned wrapper nor into a responsive (or adaptive ) world at all.

So honestly both products won’t play very well together. But I may fail here (and it would be good if :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks, Thomas. That solved the second issue.

I have just managed to solve the first issue by going into the Exhibit file and in image preview moving the slider at the bottom of the window from 100% to 180%. Now the image itself doesn’t change size but at least it fits in the box whether viewed on mobile or desktop or tablet.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden