Safari 9.0.3 Bug after update

Just updated to latest version of El Capitan 10.11.3 and found that I couldn’t type addresses into Safari’s address/search field. The El Capitan update brings Safari 9.0.3 along with it.

I wasn’t alone with this and found a discussion on Apple’s support site with the suggestion that if you go into Safari Preferences and Uncheck ‘Include Safari Suggestions’ then functionality will be restored.

It worked for me. I am glad it did as I was facing trashing Safari’s Preferences files and losing my Menu bar stuff and Bookmarks - not a prospect I relished.

Still no SoundFX functionality though!

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

This was a transient thing, caused by a server problem at Apple or Google. I never saw it since I use DuckDuckGo for my search (and thus, suggestions). In any case, it’s fixed now.

Walter

On Jan 27, 2016, at 5:21 AM, DeltaDave email@hidden wrote:

Just updated to latest version of El Capitan 10.11.3 and found that I couldn’t type addresses into Safari’s address/search field. The El Capitan update brings Safari 9.0.3 along with it.

I wasn’t alone with this and found a discussion on Apple’s support site with the suggestion that if you go into Safari Preferences and Uncheck ‘Include Safari Suggestions’ then functionality will be restored.

It worked for me. I am glad it did as I was facing trashing Safari’s Preferences files and losing my Menu bar stuff and Bookmarks - not a prospect I relished.

Still no SoundFX functionality though!

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you for the hint!

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

You know, I am still using Yosemite (10.10.5) and Safari 9.0.3 is being buggy for me too.

Especially Tabbed viewing-- which is crucial to how I use my browsers. Only half the tabs are showing in the browser bar-- not all work (click to open that tab) and when I menu command to view all tabs, a page of page previews opens to show them all.

There are many other changes too, but the address box isn’t working for me when I type a direct address.

I avoided switching to El Cap to avoid certain issues I’d heard about-- it seems Apple brought them to me instead. How nice.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

the address box isn’t working for me when I type a direct address.

Apparently the ‘Safari Suggestions’ fix doesn’t just apply to Desktop but also iOS.

Worth trying with your version even though you are not on El Cap

D

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Restarted my mac and all my tabs came back.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden