Safari - YouTube - Timeline Symbols

Hi guys,

got this YouTube “display problem” since weeks now.

It’s only Safari and funny enough on both of my independent machines (Homeoffice and Work). Have you ever heard or seen this (I even haven’t got a clue how to google this)?

Not a big issue - but happy on any pointer.

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

It looks like an encoding issue ie the wrong character being displayed because of the wrong character set being declared?

A link so we can check on our machines.

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Or do you mean that this is not a page you created but a display issue just with your Machines?

D

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Yes - issue on my machine(s). It’s all YouTube videos no matter where they’re displayed (youtube or on any other page). Nothing to do with web design :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

I remember some time ago I had a version of FF (or was it Chrome) that gave me exactly the same missing character symbols.

I stopped using it for ages because of it.

I think after an update it went back to normal.

Reinstall Safari on both machines?

D

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

perhaps to note:

Safari’s Standard Coding IS

UTF-8

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Try creating a new user account in System Preferences / Users and Groups. Log in as that user and look at YouTube. If you don’t see the issue there, then you probably have a corrupted font enabled in your regular user account. Try disabling half the fonts in your account, then the other half if that doesn’t change things. Once you find which half, repeat until you find the actual culprit. (Enable half the fonts you disabled, see if it comes back, then keep halving the number of fonts you re-enable. You should find the actual one in three or five tries (fast sort is magical that way).

Walter

On Aug 1, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Thomas Kimmich email@hidden wrote:

Yes - issue on my machine(s). It’s all YouTube videos no matter where they’re displayed (youtube or on any other page). Nothing to do with web design :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter,

champ, yep - that did the game - corrupted FONT.

But don’t ask me which one it was (I simply have too much of them :slight_smile:

But I now can have an eye on it, doing it the other way round:

activate if missing and double-check if it appears - invaluable.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

gosh - it’s Roboto, my most important FONT currently causing this issue.

Cheers

Thomas

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden