Scaling text

Is there a way to automatically scale text so that when you view the website on a small devise like an iphone the text doesn’t jumble over itself? On my old Freeway website - http://jvtcreations.site44.com/ - everything scaled very well on any device, but, alas, I had to move on to Catalina and don’t have an old computer that I can use for Freeway.

When I zoom out on the preview page on my desktop, it views great, but I have to zoom out on each page separately. The iPhone is a whole other issue.

Attached is an example of what I’m talking about. I think I’m just missing a setting somewhere.
Thanks for any advice.

Hi Guido,

Have you set the line height to a small value? It looks as if lines are overrunning each other when they get wrapped.

If you put a text cursor in one of the lines that is jumbling, what value does Line Height show in the Paragraph Inspector?

Jeremy

Line height is set to 0em for the main title and figure caption and 0.01em for the navigation line.

On May 24, 2021, at 6:36 AM, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

Hi Guido,

Have you set the line height to a small value? It looks as if lines are overrunning each other when they get wrapped.

If you put a text cursor in one of the lines that is jumbling, what value does Line Height show in the Paragraph Inspector?

Jeremy

That’s why the text is overlapping. Line height is the layout height of a line, and you’re specifying that this is zero (or almost zero). This means that successive lines will overlap previous lines.

You should be able to stop this happening by deleting 0em and 0.01em from the Line Height field, so that they get replaced by “normal” line height. If you want to change the value from “normal”, try using a factor (1, 1.5, 2, etc.) There’s a section on Line Height in the Xway User Guide: type “1f” if you want to replace “0em” with “1”. “Normal” line height is roughly equivalent to a factor of 1.15, so “1” will give you tighter line spacing without causing lines to overlap.

Jeremy

Worked perfectly! Thanks again for all your hard work.