Scrutinizing SPARKLE (Freeway alternative)

Duncan,

I’ve moved on in Sparkle and figured out most of the questions I had previously however, I am having issues with fonts line breaking where they shouldn’t, which is very important on the home page with display text. I sent an email yesterday to “feedback” at Sparkle with a PDF showing how it looks within Sparkle and what happens in browsers.

Today, I made the words all the same color and the text is fine. Is this a bug? Why would the text line break when a word is a different color?

More font questions: Several of my own webfonts do not include TTF/OTF - only WOFF, EOT, SVG. Consequently I cannot use them in Sparkle so am forced to use Google fonts which is a bummer when one needs a certain look. Since we cannot get into the code at all - a feature FW has and would be nice to have here – what plans are there to allow for these fonts in Sparkle? Currently, we can only load them if we also have the TTF/OTF version too.

One more thing, it would be really nice to have ruler guides. Might that be in a future release? Yes, the smart guides can help to line up and then there’s the align tools but sometimes one needs to have a ruler guide to see if text is lining up across the page. There is currently no way to do that unless I draw a box across and use that as a guide. Rulers would be really nice.

Thank you!

joette

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: