Seeing/fixing code in Freeway

I can fix the problem by editing the styles in Safari if I give the box that contains the iframe a z-index of -1. This box (probably an Action Item in your document) has an ID of “item4” on the “CR Project Double Barrel” page.

Freeway doesn’t support z-index very well, but you should be able to set this as an extended style property by selecting the box, choosing Extended from the Item menu, switching to the “<div style>” pane, and entering z-index for “Name” and -1 for “Value”

I can fix the problem by editing the styles in Safari if I give the box that contains the iframe a z-index of -1.

Sorry - that doesn’t actually work. It moves the box behind its parent so you can’t see the video whether the menu is displayed or not.

Well, my best guess (for now) is that it’s something to do with some JavaScript that the menu Action is adding. This is setting the z-index for everything that contains the menu (apart from the initial pagediv) to 999999. I don’t know why it’s doing that, but it means that everything inside pageWrapper has a z-index that starts at 999999. The menu is inside pageWrapper, but so is the video, and because the video (iframe) is further down the page it appears in front of the menu.

I don’t know of an easy way to fix this. You could make sure you’re using the latest version of the menu Action. But otherwise, if you’re thinking of moving to Xway in the not-too-distant future, I think it would be easier to use a temporary workaround (move the video further down the page). The next version of Xway will probably be a release version rather than a beta version, and it will be able to open Freeway documents (with some additional work required).

If you want to fix this in Freeway (and you’re already using the latest version of the menu Action) I think you would have to rearrange your page so that the menu is a direct child of the page (or pagediv), and isn’t within a wrapper that also contains the main content (including the video).

[Footnote: the reason this affects the video iframe (and its container) but does not affect some of the other boxes is that the boxes that aren’t affected do not have absolute or relative position, so are unaffected by z-index.]

Thanks, Jeremy! I moved the video down the pages as you suggested. Not the ideal solution as it would be better if they were the first things someone sees. But at least the major issues are solved. As long as Xway will recognize the “Band” template I bought from your website, I’ll be happy to move to it.

Many thanks,

Chris