Send Form and GDPR

Hi,

So, according to GDPR I need to request a positive answer for consent to store the contact details - like a mandatory check box.

Any idea how I implement this??

Thanks

James

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You can make a checkbox, and set it in the Inspector to be required. The setting is in the third tab from the left in the Inspector, the icon that looks like a newspaper. Whatever you do, don’t set it to be pre-checked. That’s a GDPR violation right there.

Walter

On May 9, 2018, at 12:48 PM, James I email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

So, according to GDPR I need to request a positive answer for consent to store the contact details - like a mandatory check box.

Thanks

James

Bristol Gardens Health Spa

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter.

So, I have the check box now but how to I make it a mandatory part of the “Sent Form”? - sorry, and thanks :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It’s ok… I got it after reading your original instructions properly !!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Where are you storing the information? In a database, an email client? If the person contacting you is your customer and as part of a sale or enquiry, you can store the details (how else can you email them back confirming orders, prices etc). GDPR is not there to stop general trade. It would make sense to tell them (on the form) why your collecting this information, how it it being used (or shared) and how they can be removed.

David Owen

Creative Design | Print Production | Web Design & Strategy | Domains & Web Hosting

On 9 May 2018, at 17:48, James I email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

James

Bristol Gardens Health Spa

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options