Send form change?

When the client filled in the form, and sent it, it did actually send, but got this error message back:

Deprecated: filter_input(): FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES is deprecated, use FILTER_SANITIZE_ADD_SLASHES instead in /home/customer/www/gti.today/public_html/Intake/FW_SendForm_clientintakeformchinese1.php on line 256

Why…and how exactly should I do something about it?

Steve

http://gti.today/Intake/clientintakeformchinese

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Your server has been updated to a version of PHP that no longer supports these filters. You don’t want to downgrade PHP, that’s a good way to get hacked.

I’ve forwarded your message to one of the engineers at Softpress, perhaps they can help you with this.

Walter

On Jul 10, 2021, at 12:51 AM, Steve Gunther email@hidden wrote:

When the client filled in the form, and sent it, it did actually send, but got this error message back:

Deprecated: filter_input(): FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES is deprecated, use FILTER_SANITIZE_ADD_SLASHES instead in /home/customer/www/gti.today/public_html/Intake/FW_SendForm_clientintakeformchinese1.php on line 256

Why…and how exactly should I do something about it?

Steve

Client intake form Chinese new

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Steve,

The message indicates that the feature is deprecated but will still function as intended, however it will be removed from a future version of PHP so the Action will need to be updated.

With regards to your website right now, this doesn’t need to be changed. If this message was presented to the client after submitting the form though, it probably also prevented redirecting to the success page.

These types of messages should generally be hidden from visitors and instead recorded in log files, partly because they can cause issues like preventing redirects but also because they can expose information about the backend which may be useful for potential attackers.

If you can’t find a setting for it, you could contact the hosting provider about hiding PHP errors/warnings and other notices from visitors.

Simon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks. I will do that.
Hopefully the action will be updated some time…

Steve

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden