Send form on responsive site

Hi,
I’ve just rebuilt our site to make it responsive, but I can’t get the send forms to work.
I used Backdraft framework modules to build the site. The contact wrapper was one of the modules.
The form appears to work when uploaded, but the email doesn’t come through after the form has been sent.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Joe

http://flymount.com/MAIN%20PAGES/register.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

the email doesn’t come through after the form has been sent.

Did they before you made it responsive?

Your form looks OK - have you checked the Spam box?

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Dave,
Thanks for replying to this.
The forms on my old website worked fine, but they were PHP feedback forms, with the action applied to the page.
With the send form on Backdraft, it has the send form action applied to the html box that the form sits inside.
I have checked my spam box, and there are no sign of the emails.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

There is no reason why you cannot use the PHPFF action (as a page action) instead of Send Form.

Try it and report back.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve got it working - thanks for your help, Dave.
Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Joe, Having a similar problem with a “Backdraft” contact template. How did you actually solve it in the end?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Franz, it started working once I stopped testing it with my own email address, for some reason.
Are you using the Backdraft contact form without changing it in any way?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

…only some changes to the placeholder text. Not sure what you mean when you say “testing it with my own email address”?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry - I was testing it by filling in my own details on the form, including my personal email address. I would press ‘send’, and it would all appear to work fine, but then nothing would come though into the inbox for the receiver email address that I entered into the form.
I don’t know why this would be the case, but it does all seem to be working now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve kept the selections in the “Send Form” action pane/settings to the minimum to see if i can identify the problem. I’m simply including my email in the “Recipient Address” field and setting the “Redirection” (Error Page and Success Page). Would you mind letting me know what settings you have used in the action?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Of course. If you send me your email address, I’ll send you a screen grab of the settings.
My email address is: email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

…ah… is that clever forum software? Your email address seems to have been masked. Shall I contact you via the flymount contact page?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I see - OK, it’s joe at flymount dot com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

…ah… is that clever forum software?

Indeed it is. Even though the forum should only be able to be accessed by those that sign up Walter has added email obfuscation so that email addresses can’t be harvested.

If you want to put your email up for contact purposes it is best to add it to your ‘My Account’ page or use the format

softpress(a)softpress.com

softpress ( a ) softpress.com

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, David.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 4 Mar 2016, 4:38 pm, Joe Knapton wrote:

Sorry - I was testing it by filling in my own details on the form, including my personal email address. I would press ‘send’, and it would all appear to work fine, but then nothing would come though into the inbox for the receiver email address that I entered into the form.
I don’t know why this would be the case, but it does all seem to be working now.

Same happened to me with the PHP feedback form, with my own email, I never found the sent mail (although it was sent alright with Debugging on and my ISP could track it), but with my customer’s mail it worked. Strange!
/
with best regards,
Omar K N
Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ONCE MORE:

Same happened to me with the PHP feedback form, with my own email, I never found the sent mail (although it was sent alright with Debugging on and my ISP could track it), but with my customer’s mail it worked. Strange!

/ with best regards,

Omar K N

Stockholm, Sweden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden