SFTP & SSH Keys

Recently when I tried to upload (using FW) some changes to the MODX/Freeway demo http://xiiro.com/modx-freeway/ via SFTP I got this error https://www.dropbox.com/s/5os57xik6q5w1wh/sftp.png. It was working fine prior to generating the SSH keys for my Git workflow. The FTP credentials haven’t been changed either.

Ideas?

Todd


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Did you update the path to the public key? Also, did you change permissions on that key somehow (did you use sudo to create it?)?

Walter

On Dec 4, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Todd wrote:

Recently when I tried to upload (using FW) some changes to the MODX/Freeway demo http://xiiro.com/modx-freeway/ via SFTP I got this error https://www.dropbox.com/s/5os57xik6q5w1wh/sftp.png. It was working fine prior to generating the SSH keys for my Git workflow. The FTP credentials haven’t been changed either.

Ideas?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I didn’t update anything after generating the keys and verifying that my private repo could “speak” to the server.

No change in permissions and no sudo, as far as I can recall. The id_rsa.pub key is set at 644.

Todd

Did you update the path to the public key? Also, did you change permissions on that key somehow (did you use sudo to create it?)?

Walter

On Dec 4, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Todd wrote:

Recently when I tried to upload (using FW) some changes to the MODX/Freeway demo http://xiiro.com/modx-freeway/ via SFTP I got this error https://www.dropbox.com/s/5os57xik6q5w1wh/sftp.png. It was working fine prior to generating the SSH keys for my Git workflow. The FTP credentials haven’t been changed either.

Ideas?

Todd
http://xiiro.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Who’s the owner?

Walter

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Todd wrote:

No change in permissions and no sudo, as far as I can recall. The id_rsa.pub key is set at 644.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

According to Get Info I’m the owner.

Todd

Who’s the owner?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s a puzzler. I have had to re-introduce Transmit to my key for a particular server once. Maybe you should try starting over. Rename the key, and see if you can re-configure the command that’s requesting it.

Walter

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Todd wrote:

According to Get Info I’m the owner.

Todd
http://xiiro.com

Who’s the owner?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Is it also strange that I get the same error when using vanilla FTP (with FW)?

In any case I can upload fine with other apps so whatever the problem it seems unique to FW.

Todd

That’s a puzzler. I have had to re-introduce Transmit to my key for a particular server once. Maybe you should try starting over. Rename the key, and see if you can re-configure the command that’s requesting it.

Walter

On Dec 4, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Todd wrote:

According to Get Info I’m the owner.

Todd
http://xiiro.com

Who’s the owner?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options