showcase files won't re-link to images

Hi All,

I have a slight problem with freeway and my showcase galleries. I have changed my drive that I keep my website folders on and my showcase galleries will not link back to the images. The showcase files are not recognising the new directory. It is still looking for the old drive.
The route directory has changed but the sub directories are still exactly the same. How can I automatically re-link the showcase files within the new directory? - I don’t want to have to do each gallery seperately, there are loads of them…… Any thoughts, cheers, Neil

p.s. Does this mean you can only work on FW created websites with showcase galleries in them on the drive they were created on so that the route directory stays the same? That could be a major problem goign forward…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Unfortunately I can’t help you out here, but allow me a note:

That could be a major problem goign forward…

Ongoing? I don’t think so. Showcase stopped being rolled with late versions FW6. Specifically cause it is (unfortunately) not responsive. So whatever you do - you’d need to figure out those things for yourself (perhaps).

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

It’s an ongoing problem for me because I’m still using FW6pro, and have several sites built using showcase for picture galleries, and it looks like I will need to rebuild them if I want to move them to a different drive. And yes I will have to work something out, that’s why I asked if anyone had a quick fix for changing the route directory on the showcase galleries to re-link them.

Just looking for some friendly help and support, clearly not in your remit Thomas.

If you can’t help, why post…!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If you can’t help, why post…!

Because I’m such a nice guy - diffident and always polite. I simply can’t see people suffering with their pain and thought to jump in (cause I think one answer is perhaps better than nil).

It’s always so hard to tell you guys something like:

“It is a known issue … which never has been solved … but nobody cares … cause it’s a relict of the past”.

But I’m hereby disabused - and won’t post again if it isn’t necessary or I don’t have an answer or even have, but preferably keep it private. In other words in 99% of all cases.

Thanks for reminding me.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

and it looks like I will need to rebuild them if I want to move them to a different drive.

If you want to move a Project to a different drive then try making an Archive of it first.

File>Save Archive wraps all your components and media into 1 handy folder which you can then copy to your new drive. Then open the FW file in the archive folder and you should be GTG.

FW copies the showcase image files into your Media folder alongside the archive version of the document.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks David, I’ll give that a try sounds good!

Cheers, Neil

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden