SITE PANEL PROBLEMS

I have been working on a new website.
I have already built 2 other websites with no probs.
Working in Freeway 7 Pro I have got the most annoying problem, (well 2 actually)
Firstly a pale pink transparent panel has covered half of the page , on each of the pages that I have designed AND on the master pages.
Couldn’t get rid of it so thought I would check the item list of the page, but instead if listing the items as normal e.g. Item no and then a box
it just says m and a box. There are lots and lots of boxes appearing way too many for each page.
They are not listed in a normal column they are zig zagging down the
site column.
Can anyone help please?

Regards Jean

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

These pink transparent boxes are likely overlays meant to guide you while designing for multiple screen sizes. I don’t have the app open at the moment, but have a look through the View menu for anything that has a check next to it, and see if selecting it again (unchecking it) will hide the overlays. I am not sure what the boxes are, maybe a screenshot would help. Take a screenshot of them, and put it on your server somewhere. Post a link to it here.

Walter

On Apr 6, 2018, at 7:50 AM, jean enness email@hidden wrote:

I have been working on a new website.
I have already built 2 other websites with no probs.
Working in Freeway 7 Pro I have got the most annoying problem, (well 2 actually)
Firstly a pale pink transparent panel has covered half of the page , on each of the pages that I have designed AND on the master pages.
Couldn’t get rid of it so thought I would check the item list of the page, but instead if listing the items as normal e.g. Item no and then a box
it just says m and a box. There are lots and lots of boxes appearing way too many for each page.
They are not listed in a normal column they are zig zagging down the
site column.
Can anyone help please?

Regards Jean

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi Walter

Thanks for your help, have got rid of pink panel on your advice.
But unhappy still with site panel. Have sent a screenshot which I have posted on my Twitter page ‘Jean Enness’.
So hopefully this is ok?

You will see that the item list is not appearing correctly.
The page that I took the screenshot from has 50 items max, somehow when I scroll down its showing 227 items and I don’t understand why.

Appreciate your help

Cheers Jean

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Walter

I believe you have opened the screenshot on Twitter
Any ideas?

Kind regards Jean

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Nope, wasn’t me. Send me a link.

Walter

On Apr 6, 2018, at 12:23 PM, jean enness email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walter

I believe you have opened the screenshot on Twitter
Any ideas?

Kind regards Jean

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

The site panel can display more than just the pages and folders. It can also display the items on each page. Maybe this is what you are seeing. It sounds like it to me.

At the bottom of the site panel, you’ll see a cog icon., Click on that. There are options to choose from:
Show Pages - this will just show the pages in the site
Show Items - this will place a disclosure triangle next to each page. If that triangle is open, you will see a list of objects on that page - images, text boxes, etc… The zig-zagging will be showing if objects are children of other objects (ie are they nested in some way).

If the Show Items is not what you want, selecting Show Pages will switch you back to a less cluttered list of just the pages in the site.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden