Spammer App -- The next SoftPress App!

Thanks for getting involved Jeremy.

————-

nofollow would allow most search engines to not apply ranking benefits to spammers posted links. However it would not cease spammers from joining and posting links and general garbage information, or preventing possible naive click throughs of links. Unless they look at analytics and realize no benefit is being made, what would cease them from posting? The spam may be perceived more prevalent in Off Topic, but in Freeway Talk and elsewhere the spammers just get more discrete and less blatant than they do here. But it abounds everywhere, via links in posts or user posts made just to expose a footer link, garbage posts, etc., (I’m not speaking of actual users posting links or having links in footers).

————-

I previously suggested and discussed about switching to something more modern like Discourse in a few threads but was met with nothing but resistance to change and the lack of desire for moving forward regardless of benefits.

Seen Here:

Also here:

And here:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk (towards the bottom)

Etc.,

Beyond replacing and improving the core features people already enjoy about FreewayTalk, something like Discourse could also add so many other additional benefits for Softpress users and the Softpress image/brand as a whole. Much like the FreewayPro App previously, the time for applying bandaids and patches to FreewayTalk has come to a point of benefit vs future value and moving into the future beckons desperately by necessity. In those few threads I discussed some of the many benefits, but simply by reviewing Discourse further it should be self evident what all it could offer the community and Softpress.

It would also aid in various ways to stop, report, flag, prevent spam. Or additionally you can use things like the Discourse Akismet Plugin etc., for complete eradication upfront of spam activity. In so many ways it would offer a platform thats scaleable and feature rich to better meet the needs of users in todays marketplace and socially driven arena.

Forgive me for suggesting and desiring improvements that would benefit all users and the Softpress brand as a whole. I certainly meant no harm in doing so but never would have imagined being met with such staunch resistance and contempt towards the thought of improving and moving forward to better things. As a whole I can’t comprehend why change is so desperately sought to be avoided here by so many people.

Thanks again

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: