Text formatting lost, repeatedly!

I am having serious problems with Intaglio. I have been using it for a while for various drawing tasks, and it does most tasks better than any other drawing programs. It can even import my old AppleWorks documents better than any other!

So far so good.

Yesterday I really put it to the test by converting my lecture material from AppleWorks to Intaglio. This was not as fun.

The problem is that Intaglio loses all text formatting once in a while! Even if I make a copy of my document, even the copy loses the test formatting! So for unknown reasons and at unknown time, ALL text in my document changes to 12-point Geneva!

Strangely, text inside a group is SOMETIMES unaffected (randomly?), but all other text is reformatted, which totally destroys my presentation material!

I made a small, 5-page document to demonstrate the problem. All text in the document was formatted indifferent ways, usually large size like 80p or 96p, various fonts. Then I saved, closed, opened again. Gone! (Linked above.)

Thus, the problem seems totally repeatable. Latest Intagio, that is version 3.4.4, OSX 10.10.5.

Is there any remedy?

http://ragnemalm.se/test.intaglio

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

More: Looking for the source of the problem, I thought it was strange that Intaglio has worked so well up to now, and then all goes wrong. But up to now I have used OSX 10.7!

I tried making similar formatting booting from 10.7 (I kept a bootable backup just in case) and then it looks good!

So it seems Intaglio has a problem with 10.10, right?

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

So what is the status here? Is this a known problem? It is highly repeatable and IMHO a very serious problem. Or is this something unknown that doesn’t affect all 10.10 installations?

My conclusion now is that Intaglio is entirely unusable under 10.10, while it is great on 10.7. I don’t know about 10.8 or 10.9.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden