Text tutorial?

Hi everyone! I’m having a heck of a time trying to style text. I know there must be a tutorial around that explains how to format body text, bullets, headlines, etc. I’ve used the styles palette but when I create a new block of text it won’t take the styles I’ve created. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. I even tried removing all styles and then re-stying. Nothing.

I’m so used to using Adobe InDesign that I think my brain can’t comprehend how to use Freeway. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Renee

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Which Freeway do you have, Expr / Pro?

In the Freeway 5.5 Guide p.91 it says the following:

Working with Styles, Pro only
One of the major advantages of Freeway Pro is being able to group a set of character and paragraph style attributes into a single style. Once created, a style can be applied to any text in your document, making it easy to use consistent text styling across your whole site. An extra bonus is that you can edit the style and any changes you make will apply to all the text in your document that is using the style.
Document styles you created are displayed in the Document styles tab of the Styles and Colors palette. There are also some default styles automatically added to new documents, and a [No Style] that, when clicked on, will behave in the same way as choosing Style>Remove Styling.
To create a new style
1. Switch to the Document styles tab of the Styles and Colors palette.
2. Click on the cogwheel, and in the pop-up menu select New Style…
3. In the New Style dialog, add style attributes for this style by clicking on the plus button to the right of the section for the type of attribute you want
to add, then selecting the attribute from the pop-up menu.
4. Set values for the attributes after you’ve added them.
5. Name your new style by entering text in the Name field.
6. Click on OK.
While in the dialog, you can remove an attribute by clicking on the minus button next to it.

bw, Omar KN

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options