TextEdit/Word/etc convert to HTML

Getting text from a Word file prepared as plain old HTML string to
insert into FW

I’ve been struggling with this for years, even now during the twighlight
years of FW it would be really useful to find an easy way.

TestSoap helps to tidy-up rouge stuff, but something to insert
and would make lige much better for me!

Best wishes Peter

Peter Tucker • Oxford, UK • email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

A programmer’s text editor, like BBEdit (or its free cousin TextWrangler) can make this really easy for you. I use TextMate2, there are people who swear by others. Most of them will have context-aware shortcuts, or toolbars to add or modify HTML. In TextMate, I can press command-B while a bit of text is highlighted, and it will get or wrapped around it (depending on the doctype of the page). If I have a series of paragraphs (where by paragraphs I mean lines of text separated from each other by one or more returns) selected, and I choose Wrap each selected line in Open/Close tags, it will wrap them in

• initially, but the cursor focus will be on the tag name, and if I type a P or DIV or any other tag I want, it will be applied to each of the “paragraphs” automatically. There’s really no end to what you can do with a professional tool like this.

Walter

On Nov 2, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Peter Tucker email@hidden wrote:

Getting text from a Word file prepared as plain old HTML string to insert into FW

I’ve been struggling with this for years, even now during the twighlight years of FW it would be really useful to find an easy way.

TestSoap helps to tidy-up rouge stuff, but something to insert and would make lige much better for me!

Best wishes Peter

Peter Tucker • Oxford, UK • email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
    email@hidden
    Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
    email@hidden
    https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options