The Day X - allow me a note

Hi Thomas, I’ve actually downloaded a PG trial and I tried editing an existing Freeway site as you did and I was really pleased to find that most things are editable in Pinegrow. I say most because I haven’t tried everything yet!

Text changes are a breeze and changing background pictures also works well. This is great news because if and when we get to the day that freeway grinds to a halt, at least I know that I can maintain some older FW sites for clients.

Building a site from scratch was, for me, the biggest benefit of FW. It allowed me to create and design from a blank canvas. This is the main reason why Rapidweaver out of the box is not for me. With Pinegrow, I was pleased to see the “blocks” option which allows me to quickly drag in elements to a page while I’m still at the bottom of the learning curve, but with the facility of creating from scratch as I progress.

I have a limited knowledge of code and I have been searching for a book or online course to help me in this respect (any recommendations would be welcome) but I think that Pinegrow will also be a good “teacher.”

I know some people on here (including your good self) used Freeway to learn about code but I found myself needing to get sites done quickly and on a budget so I didn’t really have time for that.

I am now in a position that I need to learn and I will use Pinegrow alongside Freeway and force myself to find the time!

I’m actually feeling quite good about this now - thank you for your screencast because that was the catalyst!

Regards

Mark

PS: Have you joined Walter’s Google Group yet?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: