The (new) Responsive Design Pack, $299 for now

Coffeecup Responsive Design Pack.

Get everything you’d need to get your business, club, or portfolio online. Create killer sites with interactive photo galleries, plus contact & payment forms. Generate unlimited SEO reports. Upload to the web. Then build mobile-friendly emails and newsletters to drive traffic to your design.

Build Epic Designs using

• Responsive Site Designer,
  • Email Designer,
  • Responsive Content Slider,
  • Form Builder,
  • Color Palette Manager,
  • Sonar,
  • Website Insight V4,
  • 1 year of S-Drive hosting.

This weekend only we’ve cut the price on this pack. Own them all for just $299!

While you’re at it, check out the new -and free- css grid builder.

– Richard

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Sad that the “BootStrap Builder” and “Foundation Framer” are not apart of the “Responsive Design Pack”, which is almost laughable given they are built specifically upon responsive frameworks. :wink: I don’t suppose the “CSS Grid Builder” will remain free either, if I recall “BootStrap Builder” and “Foundation Framer” were both free when they were first coming about.

An actual “Responsive Design Pack” would rather to me be more like:

• Responsive Site Designer

• BootStrap Builder

• Foundation Framer

• CSS Grid Builder

• Responsive Email Designer

• Responsive Layout Maker Pro

( I applaud them though, they repackaged the core app into at least 6 rebranded and slightly tweaked separate apps, could of been one app and simply choose a framework. )

Then maybe, add in the the Responsive Content Slider, Form Builder, Etc., if they desired.

That would be a “Responsive Design Pack” to me.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

I ordered the Responsive Site Designer when Freeway went down this summer. The Beta looked like a good alternative.

But what did CooffeeCup promised us users, mr. Haukelum - hundreds of new responsive themes!!! I have not seen one of them since the Beta and now 2.5.

Cooffee Cup has always been a money trap and a marketing issue with lots of promises and no service nor real content.

Its just like Freewayuser is saying above - you need to buy the whole package to make it work and service - wow: - I wanted help to use a customized hamburger and got this answer: - When you have used RSD for some time you will learn to make fantastic web pages… what the f…?

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 14 Sep 2017, 3:27 am, FreewayPro_User wrote:

Sad that the “BootStrap Builder” and “Foundation Framer” are not apart of the “Responsive Design Pack”, which is almost laughable given they are built specifically upon responsive frameworks. :wink:

Both Bootstrap Builder and Foundation Framer are build right into Site Designer. So … they are present in the Design pack. :wink:

– Richard

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

On 6 Oct 2017, 6:51 pm, Per-Arne Sollien wrote:

I ordered the Responsive Site Designer when Freeway went down this summer. The Beta looked like a good alternative.

Well … Softpress went down about 2-3 years ago, but who’s counting.

But what did CooffeeCup promised us users, mr. Haukelum - hundreds of new responsive themes!!! I have not seen one of them since the Beta and now 2.5.

There are additional themes available though, just look in the store … they’re for free for registered users.

Cooffee Cup has always been a money trap and a marketing issue with lots of promises and no service nor real content.

Except for the lack of support -well mostly from it’s customer base-, that exactly has been Softpress’ attitude for years. Bt CC support has been very helpful for me, and even though some important features are missing out which I was used to have available in Freeway for decades, RSD and RED are forces of nature … I like it a lot.

Its just like Freewayuser is saying above - you need to buy the whole package to make it work and service - wow: - I wanted help to use a customized hamburger and got this answer: - When you have used RSD for some time you will learn to make fantastic web pages… what the f…?

Not true at all. You can do whatever you want just with RSD alone. The build in Foundation Framework has tons of features available next to the features of the app itself (I’m not a great fan of Bootstrap myself). It took me some time, because I was thinking too hard … but it’s all so easy to work with, I currently only use RED and RSD. Everything I need already is there.

– Richard

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

And which of CC’s additional software is featured within Freeway again?

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 6 Oct 2017, 9:36 pm, Richard van Heukelum wrote:

Both Bootstrap Builder and Foundation Framer are build right into Site Designer. So … they are present in the Design pack. :wink:

– Richard

Yeah I am well aware of that but why not include the standalone, they are part of their responsive apps. But yeah everyone needs a $2 color palette manager, LOL.

Again, I applaud them though, they repackaged the core app into at least 6 rebranded and slightly tweaked separate apps. The joke is on the customers, why have multiple apps installed when all that is needed is one. The simple answer is “Coffee Cup Software” wants to sell more so they fragmented the features into separate apps. It’s not about customers only needing this or that.

Which could of been a single app and simply let the user choose a framework.

Like Per-Arne Sollien writes:

On 6 Oct 2017, 6:51 pm, Per-Arne Sollien wrote:

Cooffee Cup has always been a money trap and […] marketing

By having separate apps that could be easily one, thats exactly what “Coffee Cup Software” is doing, a money grab.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 6 Oct 2017, 11:20 pm, FreewayPro_User wrote:

Yeah I am well aware of that but why not include the standalone, they are part of their responsive apps. But yeah everyone needs a $2 color palette manager, LOL.

Again, I applaud them though, they repackaged the core app into at least 6 rebranded and slightly tweaked separate apps. The joke is on the customers, why have multiple apps installed when all that is needed is one. The simple answer is “Coffee Cup Software” wants to sell more so they fragmented the features into separate apps. It’s not about customers only needing this or that.

Which could of been a single app and simply let the user choose a framework.

You are pretty much free to buy whatever your want, to your needs. You can buy ‘all’, or just one app which suits you need. It’s not that you can only select the bundle, buy separate apps if you like, there’s just a nice offer when you buy this selected apps all at once.

I myself happen to use the Color Palette Manager quite frequently. next to RSD2 and RED2. Sonar and Website Insight are just apps for developers who want or need to go deeper inside SEO or usability …

I remember Chroma (which didn’t add anything useful or new) and Exhibeo2 (revamped but not improved) … both apps that hardly are useful or groundbreaking . Softpress also offered a bundle of Freeway together with these apps … are they money grabbing assholes all the sudden? No, that’s just how you sell your apps. The quality of your product is what makes you successful or not.

CC is … Softpress wasn’t.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

—> #@$%&*@#$% !

I just lost an extremely long articulate response due this freaking worthless antiquated forum timing out and asking me to sign back in and deleting my entire post. It’s mazing how hard everything surrounding Softpress has tried to hold onto the antiquated past regardless of the benefits of moving into the future. Looking at you @waltd.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 7 Oct 2017, at 20:39, FreewayPro_User email@hidden wrote:

—> #@$%&*@#$% !

I just lost an extremely long articulate response due this freaking worthless antiquated forum timing out and asking me to sign back in and deleting my entire post. It’s mazing how hard everything surrounding Softpress has tried to hold onto the antiquated past regardless of the benefits of moving into the future. Looking at you @waltd.

Then send it by email. No timeouts there.

David - wishing Walt’s email list / forum could be more widely used.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Which browser are you using, and which version of Mac OS?

Walter

On Oct 7, 2017, at 3:39 PM, FreewayPro_User email@hidden wrote:

—> #@$%&*@#$% !

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

When I wrote it.

• Chrome 61.0.3163.100

• OSX 10.10.5

Again, —-> #@$%&*@#$% !

Sorry but this does not happen elsewhere. But then most places are modern and use Discourse, etc.

On 8 Oct 2017, 3:27 am, waltd wrote:

Which browser are you using, and which version of Mac OS?

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 7 Oct 2017, 10:24 pm, David Ledger wrote:

That is a beyond dumbfounding suggestion and response.

Maybe we all should just use tcp/ip & dialup, netscape navigator, and System 7. Heck while we are at it lets saddle up the horse and go exchange a few eggs for a bar of soap, then go down by the river and take a bath and do our laundry. Maybe even start a fire with two rocks so we can see our tcp/ip connection and respond to this.

This must be a job security thing , nostalgia , inability to let go or change, otherwise its just plain senseless to hold on to.

Welcome internet visitors from 1991, its now late 2017. Yes the gang is still here, with the same old story and ideals, come one come all, sit around the fire and reminisce about the past.

Which I guess means the future for most around here. :wink:

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

You are welcome to install Discourse on your server, to configure it, and to maintain it in perpetuity, for free, then. I am a volunteer, Softpress pays for the hosting and nothing more.

I have asked you several times without an answer if you know how to configure Discourse so that e-mail is a first-class citizen to the list, because yes, there are Old People on this list. Old people with more experience than you have, dare to say. Experience, and long memories, and the understanding that other people think differently than themselves.

You are alone in wanting Discourse, as far as I can tell, but there are valuable members of this list, members who answer questions–for free–for others without ever touching the Web interface. It’s simply more productive for them, and I cannot in any conscience strand them without a true replacement.

If you are serious about wanting Discourse or another not-a-mailing-list as a replacement for the mailing list, then you can put your money where your mouth is. My time is billed at $1,440 per day, this will take a week or more to: migrate existing data (so we don’t lose history, which is valuable), configure the core application, and probably write some middleware to patch the mail interface. I have ten years’ Ruby on Rails experience (the framework that Discourse is written in), and these are market rates in Philadelphia.

My PayPal is waltd(a)wdstudio.com.

Walter

On Oct 8, 2017, at 1:57 AM, FreewayPro_User email@hidden wrote:

Maybe we all should just use tcp/ip & dialup, netscape navigator, and System 7. Heck while we are at it lets saddle up the horse and go exchange a few eggs for a bar of soap, then go down by the river and take a bath and do our laundry. Maybe even start a fire with two rocks so we can see our tcp/ip connection and respond to this.

This must be a job security thing , nostalgia , inability to let go or change, otherwise its just plain senseless to hold on to.

Welcome internet visitors from 1991, its now late 2017. Yes the gang is still here, with the same old story and ideals, come one come all, sit around the fire and reminisce about the past.

Which I guess means the future for most around here. :wink:

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

On 8 Oct 2017, at 6:57, FreewayPro_User wrote:

David - wishing Walt’s email list / forum could be more widely
used.

I am on several mailing lists for products I use - FreeWay, Mac,
MailMate … There are also web based forums for other things that I
use.

The mailing lists deliver content to me, so I read and follow them.

The forums require me to remember what is going on and hunt for stuff,
so I don’t. If I need information on them I google.

Perhaps because I am used to forum editors timing out, and because I put
a lot of thought into my technical posts, I have always prepared my
messages ‘offline’ and based them into forum editors. Whenever I
need a editor to quickly make a note of something, I use my emailer
because it’s always open anyway.

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

The lost content by “Time-Out (or whatever)” happened to me more than often and sucks to speak frankly open.

While I’m not aware neither to install nor to configure Discourse, they write in their Feature List:

###Reply via email

When you aren’t active on the website, your notifications will be automatically sent to you via email. Reply via email from anywhere, on any device.

I’m member on two Discourse forums and it took me a lil while to love (and understand) it.

And while I’m typing this in, I realize that you discuss this in the entirely wrong list.

Cheers

T.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for your response @ David Ledger , appreciated.

@waltd ,

Sorry for the delay, my horse got spooked ran through the telegraph wire taking down communication. I was however able to traverse the river on a quickly made raft upstream to a native friend whom uses morse code through smoke singles with this mailing list. Long story short, crisis diverted. I also setup two cans and string so next time I don’t have to traverse the rapids back to the smoke signals.

On 8 Oct 2017, 2:33 pm, waltd wrote:

I have asked you several times without an answer if you know how to configure Discourse so that e-mail is a first-class citizen to the list, because yes, there are Old People on this list. Old people with more experience than you have, dare to say. Experience, and long memories, and the understanding that other people think differently than themselves.

I actually did respond previously to your explanation of this “hand-coded from the nuts up” system you hold so dear. You then chose to not respond however. :wink:

See here: https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/thread/view/171819#m_172266

But maybe your much loved fancy mailing system timed out and you never received the email? You may remember that thread, it’s also where I first pointed out the need to update the security certificate for the forum. Maybe not though because I had to make a separate thread for it, before it was finally addressed.

I could post further links regarding Discourse and mailing lists all day:

Mailing list mode
What is "Mailing List mode"? - support - Discourse Meta

In mailing list mode you will receive one email per post, as happens with traditional mailing lists. This is desirable if you prefer to interact via email, without visiting the forum website.

But what good does it do to try and inform a person whom thinks they know it all and their ideals are paramount?

You are welcome to install Discourse on your server, to configure it, and to maintain it in perpetuity, for free, then. I am a volunteer, Softpress pays for the hosting and nothing more. […] If you are serious about wanting Discourse or another not-a-mailing-list as a replacement for the mailing list, then you can put your money where your mouth is. My time is billed at $1,440 per day, this will take a week or more to: migrate existing data (so we don’t lose history, which is valuable), configure the core application, and probably write some middleware to patch the mail interface. I have ten years’ Ruby on Rails experience (the framework that Discourse is written in), and these are market rates in Philadelphia.

Not a mailing list ? Again, they officially state mailing list above discussion forum, seems like “mailing list” must be a citizen with importance.

GitHub - discourse/discourse: A platform for community discussion. Free, open, simple.

Discourse is the 100% open source discussion platform built for the next decade of the Internet. Use it as a:

• mailing list

• discussion forum

It would take you a week to configure? Heck given you’re so brilliant with such self proclaimed knowledge, you could probably even set a record and install it in much less than the “30 minutes” it takes. https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

Why would you need to lose any history? Simply archive this list as read-only and searchable. Automatically append a banner div top or bottom to every page of this list with a simple informative notice and link to the new forum. Pretty standard, do I need to link to 10 examples of that as well for it to be true or possible?

Since you are obviously far superior than any of the developers whom wrote and work on Discourse, easily proven by your wonderful alternative creation here. Perhaps you could enlighten all those Discourse dimwits with your vast knowledge and bring Discourse up to speed with your unparalleled skills and features. I am sure they would all be grateful to have someone of your unmatched stature and knowledge. They would probably even immediately cease development on Discourse and instead merge your “freewaytalk” creation as the flagship offering instead. Then you can feel even more self renowned than you displayed with your self righteous responses.

Yet it appears with all that vast knowledge and experience you couldn’t previously figure out a way to let a person sign in to respond without getting timed out and losing their entire post as Thomas confirmed. Not to mention addressing rudimentary spam properly. Pretty ironic. Or should I say impressive?

You are alone in wanting Discourse,

Discourse is merely one example alternative that easily outshines this antiquated one trick pony in so many ways. But yeah hold on to it, no need to easily allow a vast array of modern features for the benefit and betterment of Softpress’s future and its current and future user base. Always better to instead pacify a few, thats business 101 right? You might want to stop by Drexel, La Salle, Temple, etc., and get the local Philadelphia universities up to speed in your area on your ideals and keen business insight.

Again, thanks for another self righteous response.

My PayPal is

waltd (@) wdstudio.com.

I will be sure to send you a shiny nickel. I suggest you buy a clue, or better yet some humility and better perspective.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

No comment huh? Well at least the spammers respond. :wink:

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden